The Good Side

Scar's Perspective-

Scar yawned as he walked across the street to pick up Grian.

He was absolutely exhausted. He had a late-night fight, and he was beat.

Grian opened the door and saw Scar.

"Woah, you okay?" Grian asked.

"Me? Yeah, I'm fine." Scar said, waving Grian off.

Grian raised an eyebrow but shrugged.

They walked in silence for a bit before Grian awkwardly cleared his throat.

"What?" Scar asked, turning to him.

"Hm? Oh- nothing."

"Then why'd you clear your throat?"

"To break to the silence!"

"So you wanna say something?"

"No! I- ugh whatever." Grian sighed and pressed the button to cross the street.

...

"Do you think Kirby would jaywalk?" Scar asked suddenly, catching Grian off guard.

Grian blinked, "What?"

"I mean, he's killed like, literal gods, so I think he would jaywalk."

Grian shrugs, "I don't think he would. Isn't he like made of pure happiness?"

"People can find happiness out of jaywalking."

Grian laughed.

"You just sound like you wanna jaywalk." Grian teased.

"What? Me? Never." Scar said as he and Grian walked across the crosswalk.

"What about Meta Knight? Do you think he would jaywalk?" Grian asked.

"I think the only time he would jaywalk is to jaywalk after you, grab your hand, and drag you to the other side of the street you started on to make you wait for the light."

Grian giggled, "Fair enough."

They got to school and Grian left.

Scar's smile faded, having enjoyed that conversation.

"Hey Scar!" Adam said, walking over to his friend.

Scar turned around and Adam seemed concerned.

"Woah, what happened to you?" Adam asked.

"Had a hard time sleeping last night." Scar said, stretching.

"I can see that." Adam chuckled, "But seriously, you look like you were beat up in a fight."

"'m fine." Scar said, waving it off.

Adam raised an eyebrow but shrugged, changing the subject.

"Anyway, Sarah said she's gonna show to my soccer game later tonight."

"Oh yeah? Good for you, man." Scar said, smiling, "Never thought I'd see the day where you'd successfully get a girl."

"Well, we aren't dating...yet. I plan on asking her out tonight after my team wins."

"You think she'll say yes?"

Adam's confidence left and he awkwardly laughed while scratching the back of his neck.

"I- I mean I hope she will. I honestly have no idea if she likes me back. I think she does? She's not asked me to stop flirting with her, so I think she likes me?"