Diecinueve

Greggy is scheduled for another business trip for the next four days. As much as he doesn't want to leave his pregnant wife, he needs to leave for Cebu to represent the company since his father was in recovery from angioplasty surgery one week ago. 

"Love, mas mapapanatag ako kung doon ka muna kila mommy Meldy o di kaya sa amin, kila mama. Please?" pakikiusap ni Greggy sa asawa. Irene is busy folding his clothes, packing clothes for her husband. Irene looked at her husband and smiled at him, "Greggy, I'm okay. I will be okay. Isa pa, ayaw ko dumagdag sa aasikasuhin nila mommy, andoon sila ate Imee ngayon, pagod na mga 'yun sa mga apo palang. Kay mama naman, mas gusto ko na si papa lang ang aasikasuhin niya. Papa needs full support for speedy recovery" she explained, nanatili siyang nakatitig sa asawa na mukha pa rin nag-aalala. 

She can't blame Greggy, she's already in her third trimester, 7 months. And all they want is for her to be safe at all times until the day she delivers their daughter. 

Two months ago, they found out the gender of their baby. And they couldn't be happier with the great news of having a mini-Irene. 

Lumapit si Irene sa asawa and gave him a tight hug, "manang is here, andito rin naman si kuya Fred kaya may mga kasama ako. You don't have to worry. Four days is just quick, we wouldn't even notice" she assured her husband and planted soft kisses on his cheek. "Will you promise promise to update me at all times? always eat and sleep on time. Kapag may cravings ka in the middle of the night, press the intercom ha, that's connected naman sa room ni Grace. Please? And don't work around the house, lovey" Greggy reminded her as he wrapped his arms around his wife. "I will always check up on you" he added and kissed her forehead as they leaned their bodies on the couch. 

Sinabihan ni Greggy ang sekretarya na samahan nalang ang asawa habang wala siya. Since Jane, Irene's secretary is with the deputy while she's on her indefinite leave. 

"Of course, I will. Alam ko namang tatadtarin mo ako o si Grace kung sakali na hindi kita balitaan sa mga nangyayari o ginagawa ko no!" sagot naman ni Irene sa asawa. Bahagyang natawa si Greggy at tumango, "uh huh... you know the drill" he replied. 

Makaraan ang dalawang araw, tulad ng napag-usapan ng mag-asawa, Irene always give her husband an update. Whether she goes out for a walk, gardening, if she had her meals already and taken her vitamins. 

Abala si Greggy sa trabaho ngayong araw dahil na rin sunod-sunod ang conference at site inspection niya. Irene was trying to call her husband but he's not picking up. 

She just received a call from PYSB that they don't have a sub-conductor for their 3-day practice. Dahil nagkaroon ng emergency ang conductor nila. She found no issue with it, so, she said yes. 

Irene turned to Grace, "he's not answering?" she asked in dismay. Umiling si Grace as her lips formed a straight line. "Pero, hindi po ba baka magalit po si sir? ang bilin po kasi niya sa akin eh huwag po kayo payagan magtrabaho." she reminded her. Irene smiled at her and took a seat as she placed down her phone on the couch. 

"I texted him already and he's not responding. Wala naman na siyang magagawa kung andoon na ako" she chuckled and leaned her body on the couch. 

When Grace heard it, she tapped again on her phone to contact her boss. But Greggy's line just keeps on ringing. 

Bigla namang tumayo si Irene at kinuha ang bag niya, "you wanna come?" pag-aya niya sa sekretarya ng asawa. Grace heaved a sigh and nodded her head, "kukunin ko lang po bag ko sa taas" she answered and ran upstairs. 

"Sir, saan na po ba kasi kayo. Lagot ako nito eh" she mumbled and grabbed her bag. 

When they arrived at the place, agad na binati si Irene ng mga taga industriya. "Irene! you're blooming!" bati sa kaniya ni Maggie, she smiled at her friend as they exchanged beso, "is my inaanak been good in your tummy?" she added. Irene nodded and smiled again, "she's always been" she answered at inalalayan siya ng kaibigan sa hagdan. 

"Naku, salamat ha at pumayag ka muna mag-sub. Na-ospital kasi asawa ni Franco kaya nag-leave muna siya." pagpapaliwanag ni Ryan, the group's pianist. Irene smiled "Kayo pa, malakas kayo sa akin eh!" she chuckled. Nilingon niya naman si Grace na abala pa rin sa pag-contact sa boss niya. 

"Alam mo, si Grace  kanina pa panay dutdot sa cellphone niya" bulong ni Maggie sa kaibigan. Natawa naman si Irene at umiling, "kanina pa kasi namin tinatawagan si Greggy pero hindi sumasagot. He doesn't know yet that I'm here" she answered. Nanlaki naman ang mata ni Maggie, "what!? naku, lagot tayo niyan sa mister" she reacted and shook her head, "teka nga at tawagan ko rin" she added and slid out her phone from her pocket and glanced again at her, "loka ka! magagalit 'yun sa atin!" she said, rolling her eyes. Umiling naman si Irene, "then, come what may" she said, shrugging her shoulders. 

Hindi na pinansin ni Irene ang kaibigan maging si Grace at tumungo nalang sa mga estudyante niya. It's obvious that she missed conducting and music very much. Because in the recent months, she spent most of her time working for their companies. 

Natuwa naman ang mga bata sa kaniya at agad siyang nilapitan. Grace is just watching his boss' wife, with worried look. "I'm dead. Sana may trabaho pa ako bukas" she whispered, and bit her lower lip. 

Night came and Greggy just finished all his conferences. "Bro, may onsite inspection tayo mamaya, nag-invite kasi si Engineer Diaz, beer night na din" Joaquin informed him. Nilingon naman siya ni Greggy at tila pagod na sa lahat ng trabaho. "Sure" he replied plainly.

"sige bro, see you" Joaquin waved goodbye as they departed ways. Pinagbuksan naman siya ng pinto ng driver as he hopped inside the car, "Shit" he mumbled when he realized that he didn't talk and checked his wife the whole afternoon. 

He immediately took out his phone from his pocket and checked his notifications. 

28 missed calls from Grace

7 missed calls from My Wife

25 new messages from Grace

10 new messages from My Wife

Nangunot naman ang noo niya at binuksan ang mga texts. He was about to call his wife when Grace's name popped on his screen, calling. 

Agad niya naman itong sinagot, his whole being froze with what he heard.