Chapter 21 : To live a new life......

Pov: Hyunjin

It was time for me to live the life I had waited so long for. Whatever happened yesterday was irrelevant; all that mattered was that In-yeop was back and I was no longer in my parents' hands. They neglected me so deeply that I began to question my own existence. There is nothing to anticipate from people who have failed as both humans and parents.

Today I decided to spend time with Hyung, but one thought kept coming to mind: "How was Felix and everyone?" They have not phoned or messaged me since yesterday. I was currently bunking, but they should have been in school, right?

Pov: Author

As the day began in the Stray Kid's mansion with fluffy pancakes and a British toast with beans for Jisung, everyone laughed over yesterday's series of events. Among them was Felix, who seemed to have made up his mind to stare at his phone. Which didn't go unnoticed by Minho.

"What's so interesting about that black screen?" Minho asked as he looked at Felix's plate, food barely eaten. 

"Nothing; I was just hoping Hyunjin would message because I can't seem to make up my mind." 

"Yeah, I'm gonna need more context to process that."

"About the canceled sleepover, I was wondering if he was upset. I was hoping he'd message me so we'd talk, but now that he didn't, I don't know if I should message him or just talk to him in person."

"Talk to him when you meet him; for now, eat that breakfast I made for you," Minho suggested, pointing at Felix's plate.

"Alright" 

Pov : In-yeop

As I came here, all I wanted was to make sure Hyunjin was okay and taken care of. I thought if only one of their children remained, they would have changed for the better, but the way they have treated Hyunjin is far enough for me to never show up at their doorstep again.

Today, Hyunjin and I decided to spend the day together. It didn't feel good to separate him from his buddies, but I believe he'll enjoy this day with me.

"Come on, In-yeop Hyung; we're not going to a fashion show. How much time will you take?" I heard Hyunjin yell for me from the outside.

"You should always look good for the eyes that are going to look at you." I stated my lifelong quote and struck a pose.

" Doesn't matter when you are as ugly as you are." 

"That's harsh, man," I said, pulling him into a headlock. How dare he?

"Leave me, Hyung; I can't breathe."

"Serves you right " I laughed as I left him and walked towards the car.

"Come on now; don't be so sulky." I yelled out loud so that he would just get in the car instead of standing there like a dork. 

"So where to?"" Hyunjin asked with a hint of curiosity, probably expecting something boring.

"What about amusement parks, cyber cafes, lots of street food, plus anything you want from the mall?" 

"I didn't expect you to be so cool; I thought you would take me to dine at some expensive restaurant that would bore my ass."

"Should I be mad that you think I'm boring or happy that you think I'm cool?"

"Both, shouldn't we go? Thanks to someone getting ready, we've spent half of the day at home," Hyunjin mocked with sarcasm. 

" is that supposed to be me ? "

" no not you , it's me " Hyunjin said rolling his eyes.

" figured "

Pov : Author

Stray kids were now in their respective classrooms while everyone studied. Felix was busy searching for a certain someone who appeared to be absent at the time. Going from room to room, he finally reached the art room. 

He glanced across the room, combing over everything in there that resembled Hyunjin. That's when he noticed a pile of paintings in the corner of the room, each of which depicted him in various outfits and locations, sitting, standing, playing, and doing a variety of activities. In perplexity, he tripped over a painting of his face with scribbles around his lips.

That's when he noticed that almost in every painting and drawing, his mouth was scribbled over or blocked by an element like a water bottle, hands, basket balls, and many others. 

He realized they were all Hyunjin's by the signature on the canvas, which he recognized after seeing it on the flower painting Hyunjin made before.

His phone rang in his pocket, pulling him out of his thoughts as he picked it up.

On Call........

Minho: We are outside. Where are you? Did you get detention or something? I swear it's all because of Chan-

Before Minho could finish, Felix hung up, knowing the older dude was just going to rant like he usually does.
He arranged the paintings back in the corner they were kept in and left the arts room to go meet up with the others who were waiting outside for him.

"Finally," Jeongin commented, rolling his eyes.

"What took you so long?" Changbin asked out of general curiosity.

"Nothing, I just went back to the locker. I forgot something there," Felix replied as he hoped into car.

"For 45 minutes, sure, we believe you," Seungmin commented, sinking into his seat as if he were tired out of his mind.

"Let's just leave him be," Chan commented, who drove the car while checking if Changbin's car was following them from behind.

"Chan Hyung, did Jisung talk to you?" Felix asked, bringing up Jisung's topic.

"He nodded. Does that count?" Chan asked, focused on driving.

"No, it doesn't, not until he starts clinging to everyone and starts acting petty again. 

"Good luck with that, then I don't think he will talk to me if he wants to; probably you or Minho would be his first finds, or Seungmin if he has a secret to keep," Chan replied. 

" do you mean to say Minho hyung can't keep a secret "

"I don't know, can he?" Chan inquired, looking at Felix in the rearview mirror.

"Probably, even though the first person he spills that secret to would be you."

"Some secrets aren't meant to be shared, you know, even if the person means the world to you." 

End ..........To be continued.......................

Author note : y'all thought I'd disappear again HELL NAH I refuse to elaborate more but I gotta get this story running