Happiness.

Colin was led up the stairs of a house he knew very well. He remembered sneaking in and out of these rooms while avoiding Penelope's parents as he wanted to spend every minute he could with her girlfriend during their relationship. He couldn't help but smile at the memories, the walls where he shoved her against in throws of passion, or the time they simply couldn't wait and then they made love on the stairs...

After Penelope's 16th birthday, they had become literally inseparable. Agatha held his hand and led him towards Penelope's old room. It was at the back of the house; he had always remembered how he would use a ladder to climb up to her window once her parent's had fell asleep.

Those memories were always going to be something he cherished.

He walked into Agatha's room, and it looked completely different to how Penelope had her old room. Agatha had strings on her wall with pictures hanging from clips. He took his time to look at them, and right then he felt his heart start to rip itself apart. He saw a picture of a young Penelope holding Agatha as a baby, alone, he saw a young Penelope throwing Agatha in the air, and then he saw all his family along with it. Baby pictures, family pictures, moments of her life immortalised right there on that wall. He had missed out on so much; he had missed out on everything.

He turned to see Agatha standing near her pet rabbit, he quickly caught the tear forming from his eyelid and pulled himself together. He didn't want her to seem him cry.

"This is Bunny."

Agatha pointed at her rabbit that was in its cage, it was an all-white rabbit with a little pink collar adorned with flower stitching,

"Are you going to take her out of the cage?"

Colin bent down to Agatha's level near the cage as he started to undo the latch of the cage,

"NO WAY! She'll bite me or scratch my eyes out!"

Agatha jumped back, Colin noticed her fear,

"Well... can I take her out?"

Agatha looked at him and nodded.

"Okay, but if she bites you, you only have yourself to blame..."

They sat on her reading bench near the window and Colin held the small rabbit in his arms,

"So Colin, my Mama played me more of your songs, you are a little better than I thought."

Colin smiled and dropped his head while nudging her a little with his elbow,

"Thanks I guess..."

Agatha chuckled at his response,

"So I guess we should get to know each other or something huh?"

Colin's eyes widened and he nearly choked on his own spit,

"Yeah, yeah... I'd like that."

Agatha smiled and sat up a little more,

"Why don't you pick me up from school tomorrow or something?"

Colin enthusiastically lit up and smiled,

"I'd absolutely love that."

They saw there for another ten minutes or so just laughing as Agatha explained all her friends from school, she spoke about some of her hobbies, and then went into a full debrief of her video game antics with her uncle 'Benny'. He was grateful that his family had been there for Penelope and Agatha, but he hated how much better they knew them, he hated how protective Ben was, and he hated absolutely hated how Ben acted like he had more right over their happiness than him.