I need you.

Penelope took the day to herself; Eloise had picked up Agatha for the day as the Bridgerton's were gathering at Violet's for a cookout. Eloise encouraged her to come along, but... since her previous night with Colin, it made her want to sit this one out. She just needed a day to process everything, were they moving too fast? Was this all a once off? She stood in her kitchen retracing her lips with her fingertips remembering each searing kiss he planted on her only hours ago.

She let out an exhaustive sigh and started to clean the place. She blasted the radio and tried to zone out, even if it was only for a short while. She had to take her mind from everything, then... hopefully she'd be able to think clearly about her next move.

She had flung on a tatty old vest top and shorts, she quickly done her hair up in a bun with parts falling out around her face. She just needed to get the house tidy and then sort herself out for the week, as her mother would always say... 'tidy home, tidy mind.'

She made her way to the sitting room, grabbing blankets, teddies, and books placing them in their designated spots around the home. She then heard someone muttering to themselves outside, she peered through the curtains and saw Colin pacing along her porch,

"Colin? What are you doing here?"

Penelope walked to the door and opened it, he stood with his jaw slacked and his eyes widened.

"I-I... We need to talk."

Penelope bit her lip as she felt his eyes drag across her figure, she had forgone a bra, probably a major error in answering the door as the wind made her nipples that much more noticeable.

"Come in..."

Penelope stood at the doorway and held open her door. She directed him to the sitting room, and she sat down while Colin paced the floor... again.

"Out with it."

"Huh?"

"Say your speech Bridgerton, I know you have one prepared."

She sat back on her couch anxiously awaiting him to spill whatever he was holding in.

"I'm an idiot Pen." He breathlessly let out over a sigh. "I never should of left, I should have stayed, I should have been there, for you, for Agatha, for us. I'd give everything up in a heartbeat just to have those years back with you."

He stopped pacing.

"Colin I can't talk about this."

Penelope tried to breath calmy, because if she let herself feel emotion, she'd surely break down. After last night, and now he's standing in front of her basically declaring everything, she couldn't handle it. It felt like her chest was constricting, she needed out of here, she needed air.

She didn't even look at him.

She just left.

"Pen please..."

She stood up and made her way to the hallway, she didn't know why but she put on a hoodie and started to put on shoes.

"Pen stop, look outside, it's a rainstorm, don't leave."

Penelope huffed and walked towards him,

"Colin. I. Can't."

She prodded his chest with her index finger and pushed him away. She basically stomped her feet like a toddler, she didn't want to listen, she couldn't.

She turned on her heel and ran out the door.

"Penelope wait!!!"

He chased after her regardless, and she felt her whole body nearly give away.

Forever My Girlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें