nightmares

The aftermath of the 'killing bsf prank'.

--------------------------------------------------------------

(Colbys POV)

"NOOO COLBY" I heard Sam scream out. It was 3am and we the only two in the house. I lept out of bed, rushing to his room. He was sobbing on his bed, all sweaty with his head in his hands.
"Sammy what's wrong?" I ask him, wrapping my arms around him as he sobs into my shoulder.
"C-colby" he says through his sobs. He holds me tight as he shakes in my arms. He starts to hyperventilate, panting and whimpering as he sobs.
"Sam? What's wrong?" I say, pulling back and holding both his shaking hands. His eyes were shiny from the tears and his hair was stuck to his head with sweat. He doesn't say a thing for the rest of the night as he sobs himself to sleep. I hold him tight against my body, comforting him as he shivers throughout the night.

"Sam?" I ask him as he was making breakfast.
"Yeah?" I replies, happy and well rested.
"About last night-" I begin to say before he cuts me off, changing the subject. This continues to happen for the rest of the day when I try to speak to him.

Elton and Corey are back home, unaware of what happened last night.
"HES EVERYTHING I HAVE!" Sam screams out again. I repeat the same process as I did last time, only this time Elton and Corey were involved.
"What the fuck?" Elton says as both him and Corey walk in.
"I don't know, it happened last night and whenever I asked him about it he just changes the subject" I say, stroking Sam's head and holding him tighter as he sobs.
"Well he needs to tell us" Corey says, sitting down beside us and rubbing Sam's back. This was way worse than last night and I'm not sure why. After an hour, he finally calms down and falls asleep in my arms, still shaking. Corey and Elton went back to bed and I layed down, holding him close the whole night as he cuddles up beside me.

The next morning, me Elton and Corey are all in the kitchen as Sam comes downstairs. We all stare at him as he gets a glass of water.
"Whats up?" He asks, confused.
"You know what's up, and you need to tell us so we can help you" Elton says, crossing his arms. Sam just stares back, I could tell he was on the verge of tears.
"Come here" I say, walking over to him and wrapping my arms around him tightly. He just broke down in my arms and none of us said a word.
"They won't go away Colby!" He sobbed as I rubbed his back and ran my fingers through his hair.
"It's okay, you're okay, I'm okay" I say to him, remembering what he was screaming about. The rest of the day was filled with hugs, tears, and lots of talking.

"Can I sleep with you?" Sam asks as I walk into my room. I turn around and see him holding a pillow, his bright blue eyes poking through his messy blonde hair. He's so cute goddammit.
"Of course Sammy" I reply, holding my hand out for him. He smiles the most adorable smile and grabs my hand. We walk into my room, hand in hand, and we climb into bed. I lay down and put my arm around his shoulder as he turns on his side to face me. He lies on my bare chest, both his hands beside his face as he closes his eyes. I run my fingers through his hair and kiss his head softly as he falls asleep, his small body warming my chest. I turn on my side and pull him in closer, continuing to stroke his head.
"I promise I'll help you Sammy" I whisper softly as he snores quietly before I let sleep take over me.
I love you Sammy...