the lake

COLBY

"We're going to a haunted lake!" Elton explains, one hand of the wheel.
"You're not taking the oujii board are you?" Corey says, making us all chuckle.
"Maybe I will, maybe I won't" Elton replies teasingly.
"Fuck you" Corey pouts and walks away with his arms crossed. I laugh before walking back to the couch of the RV, sitting down beside Sam. I noticed his eyes looked really tired so I leaned his head on my shoulder, where he fell asleep almost immediately. Soft snores escaped his lips as I put my arm around him, holding him close. Cute

SAM

I wake up with someone's arms wrapped around me I look up to see Colby, just staring down at me.
"Morning sunshine" he says softly.
"Mmm" I bury my face in his chest as he runs his fingers through my hair. After a while, we arrived at the lake. We walked around for a bit, exploring our surroundings and look for anything extraordinary.
"So wheres this lake?" I said wondering running off to be a bit further ahead. Suddenly, I hear a cracking sound.
"C-colby?" There is fear in my voice as my heart rate increases and my palms become sweaty.
"Sam...dont move" Colby warns, before I fall through the ground, the feeling of the freezing water creating the sensation of being stabbed by a million knives. I hear faint shouts as my body becomes weak and numb. My breath was basically gone and my eyes were closed. Everything was muffled and dark. I couldn't feel anything.

COLBY

There was a cracking sound coming from where Sam was. I look towards him, fear in my eyes.
"C-colby" he begs for my help but I knew there was nothing I could do.
"Don't move" I say, before he suddenly fell through the thin ice."SAM!" I shouted, running over to where the hole in the ice is.
"Fuck did he fall through?" Elton asked, approaching me. I dropped to the whole in the floor, searching for my boyfriend in the frozen lake. I finally spotted a body and pulled it out. His skin was freezing to the touch. His lips were a dark shade of blue and he was shivering aggressively in my arms.
"Take off all his wet clothes" Elton says to me as Corey dials 911.
"There's no point, we're in the middle of nowhere" Elton stops Corey. I had Sam in just his boxers by this point. I started taking off my hoodie, putting it on him as Elton runs to get more clothes from the RV. Once he comes back, we put on sweatpants, a thick coat, a scarf, hat and gloves. I cradled him in my arms, rubbing his arm for friction to warm him up.
"Is the RV warm?" I ask Elton, he nods his head and I pick Sam up, carrying him bridal style to the RV. He was still shivering and his lips were still a light shade of blue, as well as still being unconscious. I sit on the sofa in the RV, Sam on my lap, resting on my chest. I rub his shoulders for friction, hoping to warm him up. Elton started driving.
"I'll find a hotel. He can have a bath and shit" he says, grabbing his phone to do some research. I just focused on the shaking blonde in my arms. He was so cold. I grabbed the blankets beside us, wrapping them around him tightly.
"Any luck?" I ask, getting even more worried then before.
"There's one 30 minutes away, try and wake him up" I hear a response. After about 10 minutes I heard slight whimpers coming from the body in my arms.
"Shhh it's okay" I whisper, rubbing his arms.
"C-c-cold" he stuttered.
"I know Sammy, just stay awake"
"We're almost there buddy" Elton shouts back. Soft tears dripped down his pale face.
"Aww baby" I squeeze him tighter, kissing his head softly. For the next 20 minutes, he just sobbed quietly in my arms as I planted soft kisses all over him.
"We're here" Elton says, parking and waking Corey up, who was beside him, asleep for the whole journey. The both got out of the RV, me following with Sam still in my arms. We head to our room as Elton runs Sam a hot bath.
"C-can you b-b-bathe with m-me?" He asks, stuttering from being so cold, as I get him ready for his bath.
"Of course baby"
We sit in the bath together, him in between my legs, resting his back on my chest as I run my warm fingers through his frosty hair.
"Warm?" I ask him, kissing his head softly.
"Yeah, I am now" he chuckled, looking up at me. I plant a kiss on his nose before he looks back down, playing with the water.
"You're so cute Sammy" I say.
"I'm glad you think that, otherwise I wouldn't be dating you" he giggles. We stay in the bath for another 10 minutes before I get out first, wrapping the towel around my waist before wrapping another around Sam's shoulders, picking him up and carrying him bridal style, again, to our bed. Elton and Corey were asleep, so we quickly got changed before getting in bed together. I lie on my back, pulling Sam onto my chest. I run my fingers through his hair as he traces my abs with his fingers.
"My blonde beauty"
"I love you"
"I love you more"