up in flames

Colbys POV

Me, Aaron, Corey and Elton were out filming and Sam was still sleeping, being the only one home. Me and him got back from a filming trip at around 4am, and he drove there and back, so he was extremely exhausted. We were finally driving back when Aaron noticed a huge cloud of smoke in the sky.
"Isn't that our neighbourhood?" I asked, placing both my hands on the headrest in front of me.
"Yeah, but it won't be our house" Elton replied reassuringly. I sat back in my seat and looked out the window, keeping my eye on the location of the smoke. We were just getting closer and closer. The flames came into view and I soon realised that it was indeed our house. We all jumped out the car, pushing through the crowd of people that were gathering around.
"BUDDY!" Aaron shouted out. I looked around for the short blonde that I grew up with and there was no sign of him.
"SHIT SAMS STILL IN THERE" I scream, on the verge of tears as I begin to run towards the flames, yelling Sam's name.
"COLBY STOP!" Elton shouted as I felt two strong arms restrain me.
"GET THE FUCK OFF ME! SAMS STILL IN THERE" I kicked and screamed through sobs. After some struggle, I finally released myself from Eltons grip and sprinted inside, avoiding as many flames as I could. I ran up to Sams room, smoke engulfing my lungs. I open his door to see a small figure lying on the floor, something in his arms.
"SAM!" I knelt down beside him. He was holding a still conscious buddy, clutching a cold towel over buddy's mouth. He wasn't conscious though. I began to cough, picking Sam up and putting the cold towel over his mouth and nose instead. I pick up buddy too, making my descent out of the burning building.
"I've got you, just stay with me. You're okay" I sob, as I clutch Sams pale body tightly. Once I make it outside, I hear the rest of the trapboys shout, seeing them run towards me.
"BUDDY!" Aaron said gratefully, clutching his dog. I set Sam on the floor and see his chest wasn't rising. His body was stiff and covered in ash and burns. He looked like this because he decided to save a dog rather then himself.
"He fucking saved your dog instead of himself" I say to Aaron, sobbing and going to look down at the body below me. I didn't blame him, I didn't blame him at all. I was just upset. My best friend was basically dead. Elton has started cpr and Corey was on the phone to 911.
"Fuck" I hear Elton grunt as he starts to punch Sam's chest, trying to get him to breathe. I place my lips to Sams, doing mouth to mouth, my tears dripping onto his pale, ash-coated face.
"C'mon Sam stay with me please I can't lose you" I sob, gripping Sams shirt. The ambulance finally arrived and lifted Sam onto a stretcher, putting a breathing mask on his face and continuing cpr. Elton wrapped his arms around me, exhausted from pumping Sam's chest.
"He put a dog before himself Elton! He can't die!" I whined into Eltons chest. 
"It's okay, it'll be okay" he said comfortingly, but it wasn't enough. I started to hyperventilate, thinking about how my best friend, my soulmate, could be dead.
"Colby! Colby! Listen to me. Listen to my heart beat. C'mon breathe. It's okay. Everything's okay" Elton said, running his fingers through my hair. Jake and Aaron join the hug, Jake rubbing my back and shushing me softly.
"Everything will be okay"

"Hes stable. You may visit him if you'd like" a nurse said to us. I shot up and sprinted into the room, seeing a pale body resting on the hospital bed, oxygen mask over its face. Sam was pale, not this pale though. I was so scared. I felt guilty for leaving him at home. If we didn't leave him he would be safe. The rest of the trapboys walked in, Aaron clutching buddy tightly. I sat beside Sam's bed, clutching his hand tightly, holding back the tears that were bursting to come out. I felt a hand on my shoulder as Aaron sat beside me.
"He will be alright" he said, wrapping his free arm around me.
"He a motherfuckin hero" Corey said, smiling as he looked at the blonde. I chuckled, putting my head against Sam's hand. I just wanted him to wake up.

I opened my eyes to the feeling of someone squeezing my hand. Aaron's head was on my shoulder, his arm still around me sleepily.
"Colbs?" Said a calm yet hoarse voice. I loom up to the hospital bed to see the blue eyes that I grew up with. He had buddy in the hand that wasn't holding mine, stroking him lightly. I smiled and wrapped my arms around him, Aaron jolting up from my movement.
"Sam! Fuck I thought you were dead!" I cried out, tightening my grip on his body.
"Sam and Colby VS the world" he said.
"W-wheres buddy" I heard Aaron say, not realising that's Sam was awake.
"Right here" Sam called out. I moved away, allowing Aaron to see Sam with buddy in his arms.
"Fuck dude thank you. I couldn't thank you enough. You're a fucking hero" Aaron said, tears in his eyes as he hugged Sam tightly. We all reunited as one happy family again, the rest of the day being filled with tears, hugs and lots of thank yous.

After a few days, Sam was finally free to go home. Elton and Corey came to pick us up from the hospital as I haven't left since Sam woke up. Me and Sam sat in the back seats, hand in hand as Sam looked out the window. He was tired. I knew he was from the fluttering of his eye lids and his weak movements. I used my other hand to push his head towards my shoulder, allowing him to rest it.
"I love you Sammy" I whispered, not loud enough for Corey or Elton to hear.
"Mmmm...love you too Colbs" he groaned sleepily. It was adorable. I love him. And I always will.