Hault Your Hails

tw: death/violence

Veronica was fixing me up for the people, I was a hot mess, not that I could see but I felt slutty, like I smelled of cum, blood and a fierce vampire lord. It never dwelled on me that him ascending could have had a good outcome, -well not good but what I mean is that I had assumed he would have been Cazador. Power hungry, heartless and would get off on manipulating people that fell for trusting him. He preyed on the young boys with no parental figures, or those with nothing to lose. Those with no confidence or means to defends themselves. Even if they were strong he could of made them spawn, he was a vampire lord after all but no- he intentionally wanted the ones that had so much life to live, that way he could truly take it away. Taking it from someone who lived their life fully and had good memories during those years would do nothing For him. He wanted to completely bend the mind of the innocents, to make them his own obedient spawn, no matter what.

Astarion wasn’t like that, he couldn’t be. At least not to me, and I was grateful for that. He was confident but still scared of losing me, I could see it in those eyes of his. Every time he asked me if I was his was him not believing he was worthy of me. Even ascended, Caz still had a hold on him in a way and it broke my heart.

 I would reassure him endlessly if it made him believe it just a little bit more each time. During our adventures he seen me have my bad moments as well, like kicking Timber the squirrel into a million pieces- but she had it coming to her! But nonetheless.

“Splendid darling, you look amazing!” Veronica exclaimed.

Astarion grabbed my arm- he was now wearing a new shirt and vest, still matching me, for I had ripped off his previous one ( no regrets on my end, by the way ), we made our way down the main hall, guards by the doors, people on either side of us throwing flowers and cheering “ All hail the King and Queen!”.

We made our way to the thrones, sitting down, and the jeweler from The Glitter Gala approached us, bowing, with a pillow in her hand, presenting us our crowns. They were beautiful, the crowns had vine designs, sporadic sapphires spread among them,  reminding me of knotted roots but in gold.

My King and Queen, please accept these as a token of my appreciation. On the house”. Still bowing to.

“Thank you, they are beautiful.” Astarion placed my crown on my head, and I did the same for him with his.

I whispered to him what a unique design they were, truly one of a kind.

“Remember the Solar Lance? When you almost killed me with the full concentrated power of the sun? I had these made in memory of that moment- so you can cherish the one time you pulled a fast one on me, and had the upper hand” he whispered back at me

I burst out laughing, then covered my mouth embarrassed as some guest had looked at me. That was the last thing I remembered doing before I hit the grown. I couldn’t see what hit me, I was paralyzed, completely maimed, I could only move my eyes slightly. I could smell my blood. Either someone used a strong spell or an arrow on me. The people were screaming, running to the exit. Astarion screamed, demanding a halt.