Chapter 2

As I walk downstairs I hear gunshots which only mean one thing Thomas.

turning the corner of the stairs I head behind the bar with Sam to help out with the crowd the door flies open and Thomas walks in with his friend making the whole pub go quiet scared with anticipation as he walks up to the bar.

"Celebrating something trotter?" Thomas asks as he walks over to Sam at the bar "No" Sam says as I step away from the bar to the side when Thomas gets to the bar he pushes a man out of his way just out of spite

"Where's your daughter?" Thomas asks Sam as he puts his hat on the bar "Which one, sir?" Sam asks "I'd like to see her, I'd like her to serve me," Thomas says without answering his question Sam turns to me and then starts to head upstairs "And trotter... trotter," Thomas says making Sam turn around and walk back to the bar.

"I'm not asking you I'm telling you," Thomas says laughing at the end like it's not some sick joke "Well I'll see if I can find her, " Sam says looking the man right in his face for a second I felt scared for him "why don't you?" Thomas says as Sam walks away from him.

Thomas looks me up and down sizing me up then turns to the rest of the bar "What's the matter, Halliday? You look like a man whose horse has been shot " he says making all of his little friends laugh I turn to the stairs and Sams bringing down nelly fuck this isn't going to be good.

Sam stands with me as we watch Nelly walk up to the bar Thomas turns around "What this? " he asks Sam "It's my eldest, Nell" he says not moving from his spot in front of me "Hello, aren't you dead?" Thomas asks Nell "Were you after something?" she asks.

I looked at her with shock how was she not afraid of this wild man "I wanted the other one" Thomas said looking back at Sam and then at Nell again like she was crazy "The other one isn't coming she doesn't like you she doesn't like the way you look at her and the things you say to her and guess what" she says pausing as they both laugh.

"Neither do I, I think I'd like you to leave now take your little idiots with you," she says making him look stunned I giggled to myself at his face as he took off his wig and handed it to one of his friends then got real close to her face and said "thank you".

next thing I knew he was throwing her out of the bar and onto the streets Sam and I ran out and by the look of it he'd already hit her what was she thinking this was a death wish "No Nell" Sam yelled trying to get past Thomas friends but they held us back "Nelly run" I yell fighting with one of the man trying to hold me back.

"Don't you touch her" I yelled "Stay away from her" Sam yelled at the same time as me Roxy ran up behind me "Nell" she yelled "Get off me" I yelled at the man holding me back Thomas dragged Nell to a puddle "no stop, nell" roxy yells from behind me as I go quiet with fear as Thomas pushes Nells head down into the puddle drowning her "no" Roxy yells out as the man lets go of me as I stand there.

"I thought she said she was untouchable" George yells from beside me as she hugs me tight "Nell! Nell!" George yells as Nelly struggles hard against Thomas "Stop it please" I finally scream as he gets off of her and she gasps for air.

"Stop it" Roxy yells as Thomas walks over to his horse "That's enough!" I yell "Get up Nell quickly, run" George yells Nelly looks like she struggling for air "Nell" Roxy continues to yell Thomas pulls out his whip and walks back over to Nell "Dad please make it stop" Roxy yells "Sam do something" I yell still holding George in a hug.

"Leave her" Sam yells at Thomas but he ignores it as he swings his whip hitting Nelly right in the face and making us all yell out for him to stop when he swings to hit Nelly again but she catches the whip making us all gasp as she pulled his towards her by the whip then punches him right in the face making me laugh at little while everyone else gasp at it.

Thomas fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes Nelly pulled the whip again and he spun in the air making even me gasp at what game she was playing Thomas got to his feet as Nelly walked around tying him up with the whip "Go Nelly" I yell cheering her one as Sam and George gave me a look.

Nelly pulled the whip spinning him again this time giggling at the sound he made as he hit the ground Nelly pulled him back to her again "Come on, Nelly" Roxy yelled out "You got anything else?" Nelly asks as he's on his knees in front of her he doesn't say anything it looks like he's laughing as she kicks him down the street making everyone cheer.

Nelly turns to Thomas's friends "What about you?" she asks them as they spook and run taking Thomas with them "Yes that's our Nelly" I yell cheering for her "Yes Nell" George says proudly as we walk back in with Nell by our side.

Everyone cheered when we walked back in "Drinks on the house. one night only" Sam yells holding Nelly by his hand as we all walk into the middle of the room and start dancing so I join in dancing with Roxy "Hey did you see that thing above Nell's head it was glowing," she asks me and I give her a crazy look "no," I say as I move around the room

Later that night I was cleaning up the bar and Nell came over and started helping me "Thanks for the help Nelly" I said cleaning off the last table "Don't call me Nelly, your welcome I saw you tonight dancing with that fella" she says looking at me waiting for an answer "I don't remember dancing with any fella" I say shrugging it off as I walk behind the bar and check the bottles.

Nelly follows me behind the bar "So you haven't found anyone" she asks me looking me up and down "No Nelly I haven't found anyone, everyone in this town is boring and bitter" I say pulling all the cups off the bar then stopped turning to her "how did you even survive tonight?" I ask looking at the cut on her face.

"I don't know Delia, I just did," she says smirking looking down I walk up to her holding her face in my hands as I look at the mark on her face "Did you clean it," I ask her moving the skin around it with my thumb "yes I'm clean ain't I," she says moving my hand away from her face putting her hands on my hip "I missed you lot Delia more then you can imagine," Nelly says making me smile at her "yeah I think I missed you more but ok," I say looking up at her eyes.

She looks down at me as I Iean into her "Nell" we hear George yell as she comes downstairs I step away from Nell, pick up the cups, and bring them to the sink "Hey George I'm going to bed don't stay up too late" I say as I walk past her and Nelly to go to sleep.