Chapter 11

"Uh, the ointment has bought her some time," The Doctor tells us making me smile "Oh," Nelly says turning to Roxy and me smiling "But the wound is livid as I suspected, there is still corruption within, and unless it comes out-," the doctor says before getting cut off by Nelly "And you can fix that," Nelly says pointing at George.

"And then?" Nelly asks "And then. Yes," He says getting up "Yes," Nelly says walking away with him, making me confused about what the hell they are talking about  "Hey how you feeling hun," I ask George pushing the hair out of her face "I Feel hot, and it hurts," She says "Well he's going to fix you up good as new promise," I say kissing her forehead.

Roxy and I clean off the table as the doctor gets his tools ready "What's in this" The doctor asks Roxy as I walk over to grab more clean clothes, I walk back over sitting them on the table as the doctor talks to George "Will this work" I ask Nelly feeling nurves.

"I Trust him" Is all she said as she stood at the end of the table motionless, "I think there's a little bit of dirt in there, that needs to come out and you're going to have to be very brave. When it's all over, we're going to use this ointment which is going to help you heal now how does that sound?" The doctor says making me smile.

"Yes, sir," George says "Good girl," he says standing up "Can you help get Lady Georgiana onto the table please?" the doctor asks Rasselas as I step over to stand next to Nelly "I didn't know you could read," Nelly says making me confused.

"I can't," Roxy says confirming what I know "Something happened today when you were gone," Roxy says as she steps closer to us "Yeah what?" Nelly asks stepping closer to Roxy so I can't hear them, I walk over to George holding her hand as she lies on the table "You are my strong girl" I say rubbing her hand and smiling.

"I wonder if you might drive me back to High Wycombe, young sir," The doctor says walking over to Rasselas, Nelly, and me "I've no idea how we got here, and Mrs. Tuplow will be anxious if I'm not home before night falls," He says smiling "I'll sort the horses," Rasselas says walking away "All right," The doctor says going to follow him "Wait" Nelly says making him turn back around "Money how much would you like?" She asks pulling out her coin purse.

I tap her on the arm as I walk over to check on George "How is she doing" I ask Roxy as George sits in her chair recovering "I think she'll be fine he says just give her a few days and she'll be good as new" she says making me smile as I hug her "Why?" she asks "I'm so happy" I say with tears in my eyes.

We say bye to the doctor as Nelly walks him out "Thanks lots" I say before walking back over to George to make sure she's not alone, Roxy thanks him and says goodbye as well.

"Can I see?" George asks, making Roxy and I laugh as we hear Nelly walk-in "So this is the plan. I'm going to Oxford" Nelly says as she walks up to us "Why" Roxy asks "You are all staying here, to see a magistrate because George can't go anywhere or do anything for three days and so on, It's Wednesday today, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, on Saturday I'll be back then and we'll set off for uncle jack's in Abingdon" Nelly says making me rethink wanting to go see my aunt.

"But Mr, Devereux said that was a bad plan," George says "Yeah, well, Devereux's in Nwegate so, what does he know? Yeah which is why I have to head back up to the city after that, he's only in there because of us. Well me so I'm gonna spring him" Nelly says, this won't get her killed but it's stupid  "How?" I ask.

"No Idea," Nells says making me roll my eyes.

"Nelly, we need to talk, meet me outside" I whisper in her ear as we wait for Rasselas to get back, as I walk around outside I hold my mother's necklace and think about what she would have wanted me to do.

"Delia" I hear Nelly say making me turn around, "I think I should go say with my aunt Abingdon," I say quickly to get it over with "Well... I think..." she says looking down "I'm sorry but I don't want to be a burden and I'm starting to feel like one," I say looking at my dress "But you're not your anything but one, Delia do you even know her she might not be there" Nelly says making me not only mad but confused.

"Nell I know you were gone and lots happened but she came down and visited, I'll be fine and when this all blows over you can come by," I say standing my ground never wanting to feel like a burden again no matter how much it hurts.

"Delia, I don't want you to go because if this goes wrong I don't want them to come after you when I'm not there," Nelly says getting visibly mad at the conversation "Nell I can protect myself, and does your uncle even know me he might not even have the room for all of us three too much, two a stretch he might agree to, I think you'll all be fine," I say stepping back a little.

"Stop calling me Nell my name is Nelly, and if you want to leave us just go" She yells walking off I fall to the ground and cry "Why did I do this" I whisper to myself as I try to compose myself before I go inside.

"Hey Delia you okay?" Roxy asks when I walk back inside "Yeah I'm great," I say smiling as I sit at the table and think of what to do next, Nelly just ignores me the whole night making me feel nauseous later that night I decided to leave I had nothing of value with me anymore so I took one of the horse and a gun and left.

Not before leaving a note next to Nelly

Dear, Nelly 

There is so much I wish I could say but I can't so I'll just say this I'm sorry about earlier I acted on instinct and I never want to be seen as a burden I know you will never understand what I mean so I'll leave it at that, I wish that this wasn't the last thing you ever hear from me but I love you, Nelly Jackson, as you said we'll meet one day again.

p.s. Tell Roxy and George I'll miss them and please don't forget that George loves to have her back rubbed before she goes to bed, and Roxy still needs to be told how strong she is sometimes she needs you, and I took a gun and horse.

Love, Delia

A/N 

I hope you like it, I wish you all the best, and to the people who are located anywhere hot like me I wish you well because it feels like hell