Chapter 12

the ride to Aunt Mary was exhausting the road felt like it would never end I was tired hungry and felt like I would faint at any moment, thankfully I made it to Abingdon before anything bad happened to me.

I dismounted my horse and walked up to the door that read 325 I stood there for a second collecting my thoughts before I knocked on the door two times.

The door opened and I saw a woman I had never met she looked like she was only a year or so older than me anyway "Hey I'm sorry I was looking for my Aunt Mary's place" I said wondering if she might give me some directions "Oh this is her place I'm her housemaid" she says smiling letting me in.

"I have never been here before I hope my aunt won't mind the unexpected visit," I say walking into the foyer and looking around "I'm sure she won't she is down at her shop right now but she'll be home soon can I offer you some bread and water you look tired miss," she says standing in front of me.

"I would love some food and water if you don't mind me asking your name?" I ask feeling a bit awkward "My name is Esther miss" she says before walking off leaving me alone I walk around looking at all of my aunt's stuff I didn't know she had this much money.

"Delia" I hear behind me making me spin around fast "Sorry didn't mean to scare you I'm just glad you came to visit I saw what the Nelly girl did and I'm glad to see you alive and well my dear," My aunt says running up to hug me "Oh how you remind me of your mother," She says making me smile.

"Oh look at you," She says pulling away and looking me up and down "We'll have to get you all cleaned up then we can get you some new clothes at my seamstress shops and get you all fixed up by one of my workers," She says smiling as she leads me down one of the halls to a dining room.

"Sit Esther will bring you some food and get you all cleaned up just wait," she says as I sit down, she pats me on the shoulder and leaves this is going to be something new.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 Days Later

I'm walking to my aunt's shop with some lunch for us to share I planned on surprising her because she has been so kind to me lately "Hey Becky" I say seeing a new friend as I walk waving "Hi Deila, see you later" She says as we passed each other.

as I looked around I swear I saw Nelly but I just ignored it I can't be her she shouldn't be here yet I planned the day she would be here with the girls my aunt and I would take a girl's trip up north to see a lover of hers and party.

"Delia my girl," My aunt says as I walk into her shop "I came with lunch," I say holding up her basket as we both smile "Give me one minute and I'll meet you outside It's a nice day we should enjoy it," she says as she finishes up her work "Okay," I say walking back outside and finding a bench nearby.

as I'm walking down the street back home I notice a man is following me so I take some turns to see if I'm going crazy or if he's just heading home he doesn't stop following me so I make sure the pistole is still in my basket just in case as I open the door.

I Feel him behind me as I pull the gun out and hold it to his chest "Stop" He says as I look up I see it's Nelly, with a mustache, not some man "Give me one reason" I say not moving "I still have every right to hold this up you were following me and you look a lot like someone with a 40 pound reword over their head" I say smirking.

Nelly pushes me inside and takes the gun away putting it in one of her pockets "Hey" I yell before she puts her hand to my mouth and shuts the door "Look I'm real sorry this had to be this way but I can't make it known I'm in town" she says pulling her hand away.

"What are you doing here you aren't supposed to be here yet," I say backing away "Look some things happened and now I'm here, look I just wanted to say I'm sorry about before, the girls miss you lots and there with my Uncle Jack now if you want to see them," She says walking up to me.

"I'll go see them soon I promise, but is that really why you're here Nelly," I said stepping closer to her "Delia I'm sorry," She said looking down I pulled her face up to look at me "Look I'm sorry I should have talked more about this but I just wanted to ignore it till I felt it was my last option," I say looking her in the eyes.

next thing I knew she pulling me in for a kiss, both of us stumbling back into a wall "god I missed you Deila" She said kissing down my neck as I gasped for air "I missed the way you kissed me" she said in-between kisses as I grabbed her jacket.

"God Nelly" I Gasp pulling her back up to kiss me "Deila are you- ahh" I hear Esther scream as she walks into the foyer "Oh shit, Esther everything okay this is... a friend," I say as Nelly steps back and pulls her jacket up "Drayman's the name," Nelly says as we all stand there awkwardly.

"Okay I'll give you two a minute," Esther says walking away I turn to Nelly "Well that got away from us," She says making me laugh "Well what are you here to tell me anyway Nelly," I say making her smirk "What?" I ask smiling "I missed you calling me Nelly," she says wrapping her hand around my waist.

I Giggle and kiss her "I came to say I Love you too," She says making me blush " I Love you too Nelly," I say as she pulls me back into another kiss "But, I do have to leave and I'm planning on going to America but I do have a few things to do before, then I will go and starting over again then I'll send for you and the girls to come," She says.

"Deila," She says after I don't answer, "I think that's a lot to process but I'm happy for you, do what you need and I'll be waiting for you however long it takes I'll be waiting," I say Putting our heads together.

She pulls me in for the most loving kiss "God will I miss you" She says hugging me "Well you have to get going soon I don't want my aunt to find you" I say pulling away as she steps closer to the door "Bye Delia, we'll meet one day again I promise" She said before kissing me on the check "Bye Nelly" I say as she walks away.