Chapter 10

I had stayed up all night looking after George Making sure she was fine, I know I didn't have to but she was my little sister by heart I would never let anything like this happen again "I'm starving" George says making me smile as Nelly and I shared a look of excitement.

I walked into the house to see Nelly sitting at the end of George's bed with something in her hand "Nelly?" I ask quietly trying not to wake George "Yeah," She says putting the bowl in her hand down and walking over "I think we need to go get a doctor now, Roxy was right," I say feeling a thousand things at once. 

"I just need to think, can I have a minute," Nelly says looking down "Okay," I say kissing her on the cheek before walking outside to find Roxy and Rasselas, As I'm walking around looking for them I see a neckless just like my mom in between some rock.

As I'm working to get it out I hear something behind me I turn around and see nothing, but I spot a stick that can reach the neckless so I grade it and keep trying. I get it out holding it up in the sun I smile, "How the hell did this end up here mom always said her dad made it one of a kind?" I ask myself out loud.

"Delia" I hear, thinking it is Roxy calling me I put the necklace in my pocket and walk towards the house, "Hey guys," I say walking up to Roxy, Nelly, and Rasselas "And we'll kidnap him, whoever he is, and bring him here if we have to" I hear Rasselas says making me confused.

"You ain't leaving me here on my own" Roxy says "Where are you going?" I ask Nelly "I'm getting mighty pig sick of this lame attitude do my hair I have to pass for quality and don't go luging me just because you're in a stinky mood," Nelly says fighting with Roxy again.

"Nelly, hey" I call out following her "What" she says turning around mad "I'm sorry, but what's going on?" I say looking down "I have to go into town and convince a physician to come help George..." Nelly says taking a long breath I Pull her in for a hug.

"I'm sorry, this will all work out I just know it, Nelly. I need you to breathe it's not all on you" I say rubbing her back "But it is I have to keep you all safe and now this I should have never come back" Nelly says sniffing as I held her tight "Nelly you are the strongest person I know, you'll figure it out" I say pulling away pushing the hair out of her face.

"You're Nelly fucking Jackson now go get ready and make us all proud," I say before kissing her on the cheek and walking back over to Rassela "Are you two like together," He asks making me look at him in surprise "Sorry I won't tell anyone," He says fracking out making me smile "I honestly don't know but I think I love her," I say smiling as he hits me in my arm "Oh so it's like that," He says making me laugh.

As Roxy and I sit on the side of the bed tending to George "I wish... I wish I knew what to do" Roxy says as I get up we both turn and see a book pull itself out of the bookcase, Roxy walks over as I follow behind her.

She picked up the book opened it up to a page and read it as I looked over her shoulder occasionally turning to check on George "Ointment, to cure... wounds to the flesh" Roxy said turning to me with a smile I walked back over to George and held her hand.

"Yeah, obviously because they're easy to come by," Roxy said loud enough that it made me get up and come look at what she was talking about, as I walked over we both turned to see the door opened on its own.

Roxy Checks outside as I watch her knowing dang well I'm too scared of that she walks back inside and stops at a basket of flowers on the floor hesitating to grab it, she decides not to grab it and closes the door a book on the table flys open to a new page.

We both walk up to it looking at the pages as they describe flowers with weird names "Cuckoo's bread" Roxy says turning the page "Fairy's fingers" I say looking at Roxy with confusion as she just looks like she solved a problem.

She walks over to the basket of flowers and bends down looking at them "I know what we have to do" Roxy says showing me the book with instructions on how to cure George's wound "Okay let's do it, what can I help with?" I ask not wanting to get in her way as she smiles at me.

"I think it's done," Roxy says transferring the paste into a bowl "Let us pry this works," I say as well walking over to George. I cleaned off the wound with a clean cloth as George groaned in pain making me feel bad, Roxy took the paste and rubbed it on the wound.

We hear the carriage approaching "I'll go you stay" Roxy says patting me on the shoulder as she runs out, I Pulled out my mom's old neckless and look at it again remembering how she used to hug me making me smile as I put it in Georges's hand and close it up, hoping it brings luck like mom promised.

A doctor came in and shook my hand "Hi, and you are" He asked making me confused "That's Ann, Lady Georgiana's governess" Nelly said in a Scottish accent behind him making me more confused "Oh yes that's me" I said smiling as I stepped out of his way.

He starts looking at George's wound, I grab Nelly's hand for comfort, and George wakes up screaming "Nelly? Where's Nelly?" George asks "Nelly? who's Nelly?" The doctor asks Nelly pulls out her gun pointing it at the doctor  "It's my name yes! Same as the highway lady now, Lady Georgiana Mr. Tuplow is here to examine your wound and make you better, better than ever before" Nelly says.

"Why are you talking funny?" George asks making me smile "What's that slime?" Nelly asks looking at the paste Roxy and I made "Oh it's just some herbs and stuff that's meant to be good for flesh wounds and that" Roxy says fracking out "Right right right, Cary on" Nelly says turning to the doctor.