Chapter 18

"It's sofia. It has to be" Rasselas says standing back with Polly "You think," I say, Nelly turns to look at me when I look up at her I see the woman walk up to Nelly and punch her when she was distracted, Nelly flies' crosse the room making everyone gasp.

We all turn to see If Nelly is okay "Get that lot out of here" Nelly says after she stands up, I grab George and Roxy and we head to the office "I know you're there Sofia, this isn't you" Rasselas says stepping in front of the women.

She throws him into a wall "Ras!" Roxy yells running over to him "A nobody who killed my father" The woman yells as she runs at Nell, I run over to Roxy to help Rasselas "Nelly" I yell as she ducks right before the woman can grab her.

Nelly looks around as she backs away "Oh, no" Nelly says as she picks up a painting to block with, the woman takes two good blows to the painting "Do something Nelly fight back" Roxy yells as Rasselas starts sitting up.

"I can't she's a lady" Nelly yells looking at us in disbelief "So are you" I yell back as the woman takes another blow to the painting "But it's not her doing it, not really," Nelly says, The woman takes the painting throwing it to the ground making the wood splinter everywhere.

The woman picks Nelly up by her neck "No, stop" I yell feeling like it was a whisper, she throws Nelly side to side into the presses making her grunt louder and louder every time she is hit, Roxy grabs my arm.

Nelly is thrown onto the table and pushed under the press "Do you think you're protecting your brother? He would never do the same for you" Nelly says making the woman more mad "Liar" She yells pulling the lever to the press.

Nelly holds the press up with her hands, and everyone in the room goes quiet all you can hear is them both struggling "She killed his. She shot him. She murdered my father" I hear coming from nowhere as the papers start to fly around the room.

"Murder!" "Unnatural creature" "The same fiend that murdered that poor fellow in Tottenham" I hear being yelled around the room, Roxy and I lock eyes before I look for George, I see George standing with Polly.

"Magistrate murdered by Nelly Jackson" "You're evil!" "your father was caught poaching" We hear being yelled out, Everyone covers their ears the screams are getting so loud "Don't listen, Nell" Roxy yells.

"It's all Lies Nelly" I yell falling to the floor my ears hurt so bad "She eats babies" "She is so hideous to behold that merely looking into her eyes..." "She's despicable" "She's such a..." "Murder" " is said to be you're evil" It all becomes incoherent as it all comes together to make a bunch of screams.

I look around and see George standing on the balcony, the press is so close to Nelly's face, "What are you doing, George? Get down" Roxy yells "That stinking Thomas shot their pa and now they want our Queen" George sings making me remove my hands as the screams got Quiter.

"George" Nelly says as she pushes the press up "with this Jacobite toff Poynton they're cooking up a war, so don't blame Nell she's brave and true and we won't run no more" George sings as Nelly pushes the press off her.

She kicks the woman and gets up letting the press fall making me jump slightly, the woman falls to the floor unconscious, I get up and walk over to Nelly, Roxy comes up behind us as we all hold hands, George walks up holding the dog smiling.

Polly runs over to us, I put my foot out and Polly trips and hugs Roxy instead of Nelly, I Pull Nelly into a hug as we sit for a moment enjoying the fact Nelly is alive.

"Lady Moggerhanger, you must-- what happened?" A young boy says as he runs in almost slipping on the papers on the floor "Uh, I was overcome, I manipulated, I was used, who did this I'll end them?" The woman says waking up.

"It was Sofia Wilmot. She and her brother Thomas framed Nell, and the rest is like George said, Poynton and Sofia" Rasselas says making us all turn to look at her smiling.

"Oh, here we go again," The old man says walking up to us like he wasn't just hiding in a corner "What? You knew about this?" the woman asks "Hm," He says turning around and walking away in fear.

"It's all true," The woman says looking shocked, "thought you wasn't in the business of truth," Nelly says passing me the dog we were playing with "I am in the business of stories, and the best stories are most often the ones delivered by real-life," The woman says, Nelly gives a fake shocked look making me giggle.

"Speaking of which, Decerux's trial," The young man says "Oh, you got him off but, didn't you?" Nelly asks looking between them confused "Not exactly" The young man explains how he got away.

"He got away?"Roxy and I ask at the same time, the young man smiles "Let's get those presses repaired you're in here" The woman says pointing at Polly "What? oh take this" I say handing the dog off to the young man.

"Do you mind? Thanks" Nelly says to the young man standing behind me as we walk into the office "We have a position for a new editor," The woman says as we all stand in this tiny room "We-we do?" The old man asks looking confused.

"Oh," He says as we all look at Polly smiling, yay now she will be gone I smile "Goodbye uh..." he says standing awkwardly and walking out "I'll leave that," he says putting down his quill "On your way," Rasselas says making me giggle.

"But you'll have to prove yourself though, the hours are long three shillings monthly," The woman says "You'd pay me? To write?" Polly says in disbelief, we hear a knock on the tiny door by Polly.

We all look at it wondering what could be knocking at it again "Oh, go on then. If you want the job" The woman says, Polly opens the tiny door and we see a pigeon "And what does it say" The woman says getting annoyed at Polly's stupidity.

Polly leans her ear closer making me roll my eyes "I think she means the note," Roxy says pointing at it "Oh," Polly says, I look over at Nelly and see she's trying to hold in a laugh.

"Queen Anne is to relocate to Broadwater Hall tomorrow under the instruction of the Earl of Poynton" Polly reads from the note, Nelly gives me a worried look before turning to Rasselas.

"Oh, good, god," The woman says scaring me a little "You'll print the story, wouldn't you? And then everyone will know," George says "There's no time whatever they have planned it's happening now and it's big," I say getting more worried by the second "What are we gonna do, Nelly?" Roxy asks.

"We're gonna stop them," Nelly says like it won't be hard.