Chapter 17

George and me are sitting in a window seat, I think she's drawing as she hums to herself, as I sit and write a letter to my Aunt Mary so she knows I'm safe but won't be back as soon as she might like.

"Kidnapped?" Rasselas asks Roxy as they sit near "Yeah. By players Me and Nell had to rescue them, that's how we met Polly" Roxy says making both me and Polly look at each other.

Polly shrugs "You have been busy," Rasselas says making George look up at me and smile as both giggled to ourselves "I thought when Nell came back without you we might not see you again, that you might not want to see me again" Roxy says making me feel bad for her.

I Hear Rasselas chuckle "But I asked you to be my sweetheart," Rasselas says making my eyes widen what the hell is going on, "Well, I asked Nell did she not mention?" Rasselas says making George and I sit up.

"No sign of the poisonous old mudslinger?" Nelly asks walking out of the office "How could you?" I Hear Roxy say as she walks up to Nelly "All right, she's not old" Nelly says making me smile because of how oblivious she is at the moment.

"How could you not tell me?" Roxy asks as I walk over to the group, and stand by Nelly "About our chat in the coffee house" Rasselas says sounding scared "I didn't not tell you, I just didn't tell you" Nelly says making me want to leave, but if I did I'd look like I was in on it so I have to stand here feeling awkward.

"I'm glad we cleared that up," Roxy says giving Nelly a nasty look "He left us for dust," Nelly says as Roxy walks away, "I thought he'd had a change of heart, or died, or fallen down a-," Nelly says getting cut off by someone behind us "Well, well, well" We hear as we all turn around.

"Nelly Jackson, as I live and breathe," The Lady says walking in "Ha I knew she was the real deal the first time I set eyes--" The old man says before getting cut off by the Lady, Who is this woman?

"So, you're here to make some quick cash selling your putrid little story," She says walking up to us "We're not selling anything," Nelly says standing in front of me.

George grabs my hand "We do have a story though" Rasselas says "We want you to print it" Nelly says with her hands on her hips "And promise that you'll stop writing lies about Nell" George says "Or anyone" I say stepping to the side so I can Get a better look at the woman.

"Oh, god, how predictably worthy," The woman says as Polly hands her a paper, she takes the paper reading it off "Nell Jackson's eyes do not burn like the fires of hell, as previously reported" She reads.

I Wipe my face with my hands, I am so done with Polly "They are like stars casting their celestial light to guide lost souls, what is this?" The woman asks looking at Polly, Nelly looks back at me, I roll my eyes and ignore Nelly.

"Just some ideas," Polly says, I walk over to Roxy wanting to be mad with someone "Bold imagery but the voice is certainly engaging," The woman says talking to Polly "Hey Roxy" I whisper as I stand next to her.

"Roxy?" I say getting a little louder as she stares at the wall "So, you'll print it then?" I hear Nelly say, A paper flies by my face and lands in the printing press "Of course I won't print it" The lady says making Roxy and I both turn to look at her.

"But you have to, you have to retract the fibs you have been printing about Nell," Polly says, I officially hate this bitch "Well, let me tell you something, young lady, however elegantly you written, retractions won't sell papers," The woman says taring up Polly paper making me smile.

"Yeah, but lies will?" Nelly asks, Roxy taps me on the arm and points to the paper on the press "What" I whisper "Yes I print what people want" The woman says "We need to get Nell" Roxy whispers from behind me.

"Nell," I say tapping Nelly on the arm "People want the truth," Nelly says Putting her hand out behind her to hold my hand "Oh a moral lecture from a highway robber, you are a disgusting hypocrite, Nell Jackson" The woman says, I pull on Nelly hand to try and get her attention but nothing was working.

"And I will use every last drop of ink, making sure the whole world knows it," the woman says getting in Nelly's face "Proper channels my ass," Nelly says turning her head to look at the old guy we first started talking to.

Nelly let go of my hand and walked to the side of the room pulling out her gun, everyone in the room gasped "Print this story, or I'm gonna put so many holes in these presses, you will be grating cheese in them and I'll be on my merry way" Nelly says pointing the gun at the press, shit this won't go well.

"You wouldn't dare," The woman says walking over to where Roxy and I are standing, Rasselas grabs both of us and pulls us out of the way "You don't know me," Nelly says, one of the presses shuts making a loud bang that made me jump.

Nelly looks at me before she looks around the room, she walks over to the press "Be careful George" Nelly says making me look at George as she walks up to the press, it opens up making everyone jump back.

George hesitates before grabbing the paper "You're not going anywhere, Nell Jackson" George reads off the paper, I look at Nelly confused "What?" Nelly asks looking at me and then George.

The woman Nelly was fighting with earlier is acting like something is wrong with her "George come over here" Nelly says as Georeg runs over into Roxy and me "You are not going anywhere" The woman says sounding possessed.

A/n
Sorry it's short test season is killing me, hope you enjoy <3