Chapter 16

"Okay I'll look around with Delia and then we can all go, got it" Nelly says explaining the plan for Lounden "Okay," George and Roxy say at the same time "Okay," I say as Nelly walks away "Go have fun" Roxy says smiling as I hit her in the arm.

"Nelly, why do we have to look around first?" I ask as I step out of the carriage "Just come here" Nelly says pulling me into a back ally "What are we doing here?" I ask looking around "This," Nelly says pushing me against the wall and kissing me.

I pull away when I need air "We can't take too long I just need you right now," she says kissing my neck "God Nelly" I moan as she kisses and sucks on my neck "Nelly, wait," I say pushing her back as I step forward.

"What, did I do something wrong?" she asks putting her hands on my waist "No," I say as I push her against the wall and kiss her. She pulls away from me "I Like this" She says resting her hands on my hips I start kissing her neck as she slides her knee in between my legs.

"God Delia," She says as she brings her knee up and makes me gasp "Nelly," I say looking up at her as she smirks down at me "What?" she asks looking clueless "Ugh," I say pulling her in for more.

"Nelly, Delia, where are you George, Polly and I are getting scared" We hear Roxy say as she walks closer to us "One minute," Nelly says putting her hand on my mouth to keep me from laughing "Hurry" Is all we hear before her foot steps get farther "one day no one will stop me" She says smirking down at me as she kisses me one last time before we rejoin the group.

"Right," Nelly says, picking up the news sheet before crumbling it up and throwing it to the ground "Let's go," Nelly says walking ahead of us all "George," I yell turning around to see her picking up the new sheet to read it "What are you doing," Nelly says waiting for her with me.

As we walk through the streets of Londen I Feel small there are so mean people and their carriages roaming about "Nelly, Nell, Nell" George hums as we walk "George" Nelly says trying to make her stop, she doesn't stop though.

We all look at the sign above the door "This is the place?" George asks as we wait for Nelly to go first "Yeah" Nelly says, taking the news sheet back from George "Let's go" Nelly says as Roxy leads us in.

I stand inside with the girls looking at a painting of a repulsive woman, waiting for Nelly "I should've known" Nelly says walking up to the painting "What?" I ask looking at Nelly "Moggerhangar It's Deverux's Mrs. This must be her place" Nelly says making me look closer to see any redeeming qualities this woman has.

"Oh, Lady Moggerhangar is much more than someone's "Mrs" She's a pioneer of the printed word a Maverik," Polly says, making me smile to myself "Yeah, that's one word for her," I say with discussed.

Nelly holds the door open for us as we walk in and see the most amazing room ever, George gasps beside me "It's amazing right" I say as we walk along looking in amazement "Get out, out" We all turn to see Rasselas being yelled at by an old man.

"I shall have you removed by force" The old man yells at Rasselas "You have to believe me," Rasselas says as the men step closer to him "All right, all right," Rasselas says pulling his hands up and backing towards us.

George taps him on the shoulder "Mr. Rasselas" She says with a smile "Hey!" he says as he hugs George and smiles at us all, before staring at Roxy, oh young love.

"Have you been selling stories on us?" Nelly says hitting him in the back "No" He says standing back confused "Explains why you legged it" She yells hitting him again "I didn't leg it. I mean I did but not like that I wouldn't- I would never sell a story on you, on any of you" He says turning to Roxy for the last part.

He looks at Polly confused "Polly Honeycombe nice-" Polly starts before getting cut off by Nelly "No Polly" She says making me giggle at how love-hungry Polly is.

"After the madness in the prison, I lost Nell. and then... Sofia was there" Rasselas says explaining what happened to him "at Newgate?" Nelly asks "Yeah, well no, sort of, that dark magic? It was here" Rasselas says making me confused magic doesn't exist.

"You what?" Nelly asks looking at him like he's crazy "Sofia, she was behind all of it" Rasselas says turning to Roxy "But how?" Nelly asks "There's this posh fella, Poynton, He's got in her head and Well, Newgate ain't the half of it, they're going after the Queen" Rasselas says making Nelly and I both chuckle.

He must be crazy talking like this "What?" Nelly asks him more confused than ever.

"We need to speak to Moggerhanger," Nelly says kicking in the office of the post house "You again?" The man says looking at Rasselas, we could have done this so much better I think to myself as I stand next to Nelly as we walk in.

"If you're going to try and sell me some tall tale about Lord Poynton--" the old man says before getting cut off by Rasselas "It's not a tall tale," he says "Rasselas heard him," Nelly says backing Rasselas, for like the first time "The earl of Poynton is one of Queen Anne's most trusted advisors and not a Traitor" The old man says wanting us to leave.

"I told you he wouldn't listen we should just go to the palace to warn someone," Rasselas says "You think anyone there's more likely to believe us? but if it's in the papers, everyone believes them" Nelly says making me agree.

"We don't print unsubstantiated stories," The old fart says "You don't mind printing rot about Nelly," George says making me look down at her "Nelly?" the man asks "Right so, you're Nelly Jackson?" He asks looking at us like we're some fools.

"Nell Jackson," Nelly says standing proud "Well, you're the third Nell Jackson I've met this morning though at least she made an effort," The man says pointing to the lady in the chair that I hadn't noticed yet "Now, if you'll excuse me I have a Newspaper to edit," The old man says, getting up and walking out.

"What? Well, hang on" Nelly says following the man "No, I won't hang on" He says walking away with Nelly and the rest of us following behind "No, but this is news, It's proper news" Nelly says fighting with the guy to listen.

"Yes I cannot print anything without Lady Moggerhangar's approval," He says stopping at the printing press "Well, so tell her I'm here then because I'd like a word about this..." Nelly says pulling her gun out of her pocket and holding it up to the sky as she pulls out a news sheet.

Everyone in the place screams and starts backing away "Whoa! Get down!" Someone yells "About this guff," Nelly says as we all look around confused "About my Pa being a poacher who substantiated that? Eh?" Nelly asks waving the news sheet in the air.

"You-- You're-- you, are Nell Jackson," The man says putting his hands up "I did say," Nelly says making me smile, she points the gun at him "Let's not do anything hasty," He says standing there with his hands up "Oh please, Just don't hurt us," A man says hiding behind his desk " No, no, no, I ain't gonna hurt no one" Nelly says.

"That's the thing see, it's all a big misunderstanding. You say you need Moggerhangar's sign-off?" Nelly asks the old man "I'm sure, I'm sure we can make an exception" The man says shaking "No, we'll go through the proper channels that way you can tell everyone I'm not how they think I am, just fetch your old Mogs for me that'd be lovely" Nelly says pointing the gun at the floor.

"Mog-- Lady Moggerhangar..." He says taking a paper from the press "Is in court" He says holding up the new papers "I can't, Delia" Nelly says handing me the paper to read, I take the paper and gasping on the cover is an illustration of Devereux getting hung.

"Mr. Devereux has been hanged," George says looking at the paper "No, no," Nelly says looking between the both of us "Not yet, uh... Actually uh we prepare for both outcomes" He says holding up a news paper of Mr. Devereux being a free man, Nelly turns to me with relief before sighing.

"Should we help him, Nelly?" George asks as Nelly puts her gun away, Nelly looks at me before turning to the old man "We'll wait for Moggerhangar She'll have greased enough palms to get him off, just you see" Nelly says reassuring George before turning to me and with a "what the hell" look on her face making me smile.