Part 15

Unknown POV:

Anybody have a clue who these guys are? Sneaking around with my girl, any info helpful.

I have first names - Steve and Bucky. The girl is Amelia Castle, she's mine. No concern to anyone here.

______________________________

The post came up like any other on Bulletin Board. It was put up a few months ago, I keep finding myself circling back to it, contemplating letting Frank in on my suspicions. Usually, I wouldn't even bother with this kind of posting but something about that girl looks familiar. Could be the dark hair, could be that we've been up for days trying to track down a target, but I think it's actually her eyes. They look just like his.

"What'd you find?" Frank's gravelly voice sounds behind me.

I shift slightly in my chair, giving him a better look at the screen in front of me. "Could be nothing, but-"

"Castle? Impossible."

I shrug my shoulders. "Maybe, maybe not. You've gone on quite a few sabbaticals since then." I wasn't stupid enough to say what actually happened out loud. I already knew how it would end. "Want me to track her, just to be safe?"

"Yeah, and find out more about the guys. I want to know everything. No blind spots."

I nod my head. "You got it, Frank." I crack my knuckles and get to work on tracking them down.

Facial recognition didn't do much for me in tracking either one of the men. Which leads me to believe they're either ghosts, or at a high enough level with the government to not be tracked. I turn my attention to the girl, Amelia. There didn't seem to be anything extraordinarily special about her, an editor in a start-up, originally from Texas but relocated to New York. She didn't have much online traffic, although she did have quite a juvenile rap sheet; and to my luck she'd done an online DNA test a few years ago. I'm able to hack into the site and pull her file, including a copy of her DNA sequence for comparison.

It takes a couple of days but to our surprise. It's a match, she's definitely Frank's kid. "So... now what?'

"I'm going to New York. Apparently, my daughter needs some help."

"What about Kingpin?" I ask, spinning my chair as I jump up to follow him out.

"I'll deal with it later. This is more important."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natasha POV:

How the fuck did I end up playing babysitter to this chick AGAIN?! She has the survival skills of a newborn kitten. Scratch that. I think a kitten could actually defend itself. Steve and Bucky asked me to keep an eye on her. I understand that they're worried about her because of the stalker thing but seriously? They had to ask me? They could've asked Peter... Although he's just as accident prone as she is.