Chapter 26 - Parting Ways

It was late in the night when Jackal caught sight of the dock.

"Ok, remember the plan. Jackal, Harry, Brooke, Jordan and Judy stay and guard the boat. Get ready to set sail the moment they arrive with Fly. Remember, to not wait for me. Fly's priorities first. If Fly arrives before me, sail to said location. It's been a pleasure working with all of you."

I don't know what overcame me. I flung myself on West and hugged him tightly. He ruffled my hair and kissed my forehead. I hate it when my uncles do that and I hate it so much that I'm letting him do that on me.

One by one, Sorian and the remaining Izhars said their last goodbyes.

We docked. The plan was in full swing. We all worked as quietly and as swiftly as the wind to secure the boat to the dock. But as we were about to file out...

"Thank you."

It was from Alex.

"Thank you for everything," Alex looked up all of us before finally landing his gaze upwards towards West.

West smiled at him for the first time in probably years. The eldest Izhar outstretched his hand. Alex shook it smiling back through glistening eyes for he had finally received his forgiveness.

The edges of West's mouth curved upwards as he worded, "Make sure she's back safely, scumbag."

Alex looked upon him and nodded.

"Alright everybody, file out."