CHAPTER :- 6

Today my work is not too hard

Today my work is not too hard. There were only a few guests checking out during my business hours and no fussy guests. Since I still had a lot of energy, I decided to stop by the nearest 24-hour convenience store to buy some food supplies and toiletries.

I went on foot because I didn't bring a bicycle today. My bicycle tire went flat on the way home from the restaurant this afternoon. I walked along the sidewalk which was starting to become empty. This is the road I walk every day, so I don't feel the slightest fear. But what is called an unlucky day, no one knows when it will come.

When the road was quiet, I passed three drunk men. I was hesitant to continue my steps. But in the end I chose to act normal so as not to attract their attention. Mother said the dog wouldn't chase if we didn't panic.

But it turns out they are worse than a dog.

"Where are you going, sweetie?" said a man with a smelly mouth who was blocking my steps.

Two other men were giggling on the left and right with lewd glances at my chest.

I moved the small backpack from my back to the front. I clutched it to my chest to block their view. When I tried to get off the sidewalk, one of them grabbed my butt and the other two blocked my path. I wanted to cry right then and there. But I endured it.

I took out some notes from my trouser pocket.

"I only have this much money. Please take it, but let me go." I begged.

The man in front of me grinned and took the money roughly from my hand. He kissed the money.

"Not bad." he said.

"But we also want to taste your sweet body." He held the ends of my hair which was in front of my chest.

Disgusting! I can not stand it anymore.

I immediately turned around and ran. But they quickly caught me. I struggled and screamed for help, but unfortunately there wasn't a single vehicle passing there.

They held both of my wrists.

"Just behind the shop." One of them pointed to a closed shop on the side of the road.

I shook my head in panic. I braced my legs as hard as I could against the strength of the three drunk men.

My strength is completely incomparable against the three of them. When I prayed with surrender to God, help immediately came on time.

"What are you doing?" The sound of screaming behind me really relieved me.

The three of them immediately took their hands off me and ran away across the street.

Thank you, Lord.

My knees went weak for a moment. I sat on the sidewalk and hugged my poor body.

"Mom..." I cried calling my mother.