CHAPTER :- 10

It doesn't feel like ten days have passed

It doesn't feel like ten days have passed. The doctor had just removed the cast on my leg and I no longer walk with crutches. However, the doctor has not advised me to do heavy activities and to walk slowly until the pain in my ankle completely disappears.

"Sir, starting tomorrow you don't need to pick me up anymore. I can walk on my own," I said after we were in the car in the hospital parking lot.

He turned to me with a serious look. "Didn't you hear what the doctor said? Your leg hasn't fully recovered. Our agreement is until you can ride abicycle again," he stressed.

I pouted in annoyance, but couldn't refute his words. I turned my face out the window with my arms crossed.

The car drove away from the hospital.

"Sir. Where are we going?" I asked in surprise when the car turned in a different direction from the road to my boarding house.

"Before going home, let's have lunch first."

I looked at him in surprise. It's unusual for him to ask me to stop by anywhere when he's going to take me home.

Seeing my unusual expression, he chuckled.

"Don't think about it. Coincidentally, I didn't have time to eat breakfast this morning, so I'm very hungry now."

"Then you can drop me here and go eat alone," I replied curtly. I don't like him doing whatever he wants without my permission.

"How can that be? I was the one who took you away, so I should also take you home," he said casually.

I turned my face to the side again. "It's really fun, monkey!" I cursed softly.

"You talking about something?"

"No!"

Thank goodness he didn't hear it.

"I will take you to my favorite place to eat. I guarantee you will like it," he said.

I didn't respond. Do I really care?

"The place is simple and the prices are relatively cheap. But it feels..." He trailed off. "Food at five-star restaurants is inferior," he continued.

As the day went on he talked more and more. Very different from the first time I met him. His cold and Stern image had collapsed a few days ago.

"I took my children there once. But unfortunately they didn't really like it because the place wasn't comfortable for them." I chuckled loudly while rubbing my ears openly to show my discomfort. I swear to God, I don't care about his children and all their achievements .