CHAPTER :- 7

The young woman in shabby sneakers was very arrogant and cynical

The young woman in shabby sneakers was very arrogant and cynical. When I gave her the book for free, she flatly refused. Even though she is classified as underprivileged and her studies depend on scholarships from the government. I don't know what makes her so arrogant.

Not only that, when I helped her from drunk men on the street, she was still cynical. She even lectured me about gender equality just because I reminded hwr to be more careful on the road. Very weird. Does she act like this to everyone or just to me?

This woman's strangeness doesn't stop there. After successfully annoying me, with hwr shamelessness, she actually came to my room to apologize. Are today's young people really this unstable? Poor parents, they must be very overwhelmed taking care of this child.

"What is it?"

She stepped in and closed the door. Then she placed a coffee cup with a green siren logo on the table. I looked at her with a raised eyebrow for an explanation.

She stood in front of the table with her hands squeezed together. She's such a restless person.

"I noticed that you like drinking coffee. So I brought this to you as a form of gratitude for your help at that time." She said.

She noticed me? What does it mean?

I pushed the coffee cup in front of her while saying. "I can't take this."

Her face looked disappointed. Suddenly she pulled a chair and sat there. Her body leaned forward.

"Why, sir? You don't like coffee?" She insisted.

I folded both hands on the table and leaned forward so that our faces were closer. It is nothing. I just want her to hear my words clearly.

"I never accept any gifts from my students, no matter how small."

She pulled back her face. "But this is not a gratification, sir. This is just a thank you because you saved me from those evil people."

Apart from being arrogant and cynical, it turns out she is also stubborn.

"Whatever the reason, I cannot accept it."

Hee shoulders slumped listlessly.

"I didn't have lunch just to buy you coffee." She muttered sadly.

What does zhe mean by talking like that? Why does she seem to be forcing me to accept coffee from her? What is this woman's goal, actually? Could it be that she misunderstood my attitude?

"You seem to have misunderstood." I said to correct her. She looked at me with a confused look.

"If you think I helped you because I was interested in you, then you misunderstood. I just happened to pass by there that night and saw the incident. I didn't know it was you."