CHAPTER :- 14

The car that took us from the apartment stopped in front of the alley of my boarding house

"Be careful," I said before getting out of the car.

"Yeah. You too," he said.

On the way down the narrow alley to the boarding house, I reflected on our current closeness. I realized that my hatred for him had slowly eroded because of his kindness and care all this time. He has given me a sense of security that I have never had from anyone in my life. He is the perfect refuge. He is total and incredibly patient.

Never have I felt so appreciated by a man. This is the first time I feel very calm in the arms of a man. So far, I've always over thought men. Every time they see me or approach me, in my head I always think that they only want my body.

Brother Andrew, who I have known since childhood, is not that close to me. I remain alert and only interact with him as necessary. But with this person...somehow I'm so calm and safe when I'm with him.

It didn't feel like I had stopped in front of the door of my boarding house. My attention was attracted to a large box with a height that reached my neckwhich was in front of my boarding house door. Judging from the picture on the box, I suspect that the contents of the box is a mattress.

"Uncle, whose is this?" I asked my boarding house neighbor who happened to leave the room to throw away the trash.

"It's yours. It was delivered by a courier. The sender was in the name of Nicholas Grayson. I was the one who signed the handover."

"Thanks you, uncle."

Him again. How can I hate him when he keeps making me feel special like this. What's happening is that I want to be with him even more and want to get more attention from him.

🍁
°
°

"It's really taking a long time to clean up one room. Play with the guests first, okay? How much do you get from selling salted fish?"

That's the greeting I received when I passed a senior housekeeper in the hallway. I had just come down from the 11th floor and was about to return the trolley to the storage room.

"Can you go to the edge first? My trolley can't pass," I said to her. She deliberately stood in the middle of the aisle to block my way...

"If I don't want to, what do you do?" She challenged with her hands on her hips.

My patience is running out. I pushed the trolley until it hit her so she would know the feeling.

"God damn it!" She attacked me.

Fighting was inevitable. In the blink of an eye, the previously quiet hallway immediately became busy. Our fight was a spectacle.

"Stop!"