CHAPTER :- 17

I greeted this morning with a bright mood as brightas the sun that greeted me

I greeted this morning with a bright mood as brightas the sun that greeted me. My body feels very fit. I have never slept this comfortably before. Usually I will wake up in a third of the night either because I need to pee, thirsty, or because of a bad dream. Surprisingly, those disturbances didn't happen last night.

I lifted my head to see the face of the person whose chest I used as a pillow. His arms wrapped around me until there was no distance left between us.

His sleep was still sound. I removed his hand from my arm then I got up slowly. I looked at his peaceful face. A faint smile appeared on my lips when I remembered last night's incident where I almost got carried away and lost my mind. Luckily a disturbing sound from the next room appeared in time and stopped the action.

I covered him up to his chest before getting out of bed. I changed clothes behind the wardrobe. After changing my shirt to home clothes, I gathered some equipment and ingredients for cooking. Coincidentally, I still have stock of spaghetti and eggs. I want to have breakfast with him before he goes home.

I took the equipment and materials to the public kitchen which was next to the public bathroom.While humming a little, I started peeling the spices and slicing the leftover cabbage from yesterday. For about half an hour I struggled with the stoveand frying pan. After the fried spaghetti was readyto eat, I took it to my room in a plastic lunch box. Hopefully he likes it.

My bedroom door was slightly ajar. Even though I closed it tightly before going to the kitchen. Maybe he's awake, I thought. But when I opened the bedroom door wider, I was very disappointed because there was no one there. The blanket has also been folded neatly.

I put the container containing the still hot fried spaghetti on my study table, then sat languidly in the chair. Sometimes he just leaves. He didn't even leave any messages. I vented my annoyance at him on the innocent spaghetti. I threw it in the trash basket outside.

When I arrived at campus, I didn't see his car parked behind the computer lab. The office is also empty. The employee in his office said that he was not present today because he had family matters.

I became curious about the family affairs in question. I opened IG to see Jasmine's updates. Usually she always shares moments with her family in real time. Jasmine's account appears at the top of the homepage indicating that there is a newstory from her. I immediately opened it. Her story contains political posters, promotions ,and then she posts her daughter's face with the words 'get well soon, my baby.'

I press the screen to see the next story. Jasmine uploaded a photo of Fang lying down on an IV drip in a hospital bed.

What's wrong with their child?

I slide to the next slide. There is a short video showing her husband lying next to his daughter while kissing her little hand. I smiled bitterly seeing him. It turned out that his sweet treatment towards me was nothing compared to his beloved daughter.