🏵️ Chapter Fifteen : Two Strangers

TWO STRANGERS

TWO STRANGERS

Jeongguk found himself mesmerized by Lisa's presence, unable to tear his gaze away.

As Lisa dismissed the children to find their own play space, she remained seated, taking a moment to herself.

Exhaustion weighed heavily on her, evident in the lines of fatigue etched on her face.

She reached for an energy drink, hoping to rejuvenate herself, and took a sip, feeling the familiar rush of caffeine.

Suddenly, a gust of wind sent a paper flying towards her, catching her attention.

With quick reflexes, she caught it before it could escape her grasp.

Expecting it to belong to one of the nearby children, she glanced around, but the drawing was too different and impossible to have been done by them.

Her gaze settled on Jeongguk, who appeared to be in distress, his eyes searching frantically for the lost paper.

Realization dawned on her as she approached him, offering the drawing with a warm smile.

"Hello, is this yours?" she inquired, her voice gentle.

Jeongguk nodded gratefully, his eyes locked on her as he accepted the paper.

"Thank you," he murmured softly, his expression filled with appreciation.

Returning his nod with a smile, Lisa turned to go back to her seat, only to find it occupied by a couple who seemed oblivious to her presence.

Awkwardness washed over her as she scanned for another place to sit, only to find the bench next to Jeongguk vacant.

With a hesitant smile, she accepted his silent invitation, settling down beside him. "Thank you," she said, grateful for his gesture.

Jeongguk nodded in response, his eyes conveying understanding and warmth.

They sat in companionable silence, the soft murmur of the courtyard providing a soothing backdrop to their thoughts.

Lisa savored her drink, her gaze wandering over the lively scene before her.

While Jeongguk struggled to find inspiration for his drawing, his mind strangely blank in her presence.

With a resigned sigh, he turned his attention to Lisa, who sat a short distance away. "Are those children your patients?" he ventured, his voice gentle yet curious.

Lisa's surprise was evident as she turned to face him, her expression mirroring his unexpected openness.

"They seem to know you and even love to be around you," Jeongguk continued, his smile warm and genuine as he observed her reaction.

Caught off guard by his kindness, Lisa found herself nodding in affirmation. "Yes, they were. I love visiting them in the play care," she replied, her voice soft with fondness for her young patients.