🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Nine : Bonds

BONDS

BONDS

Sunday, April 18th, 1980

The next morning, Jeongguk stood by the window of his ward, his gaze lingered on the riverside where he and Lisa had shared their confessions.

Memories of their time together flooded his mind, filling him with nostalgia.

"Jeongguk, the taxi is here," Hyun's voice broke through his reverie, signaling the arrival of their ride.

Nodding, Jeongguk tore his gaze away from the window and surveyed the now-empty room one last time.

It was a reminder of the journey he had undergone during his time in the hospital.

Following Hyun outside the building, Jeongguk couldn't help but feel the excitement tinged with sadness.

While he was eager to return to his normal life, he would miss the familiarity and routine of the hospital.

Meanwhile, Lisa was busy preparing for her camping trip in Busan, her mind buzzing with anticipation.

With her hair tied back and a casual yet stylish outfit; white and blue striped shirt, white long skirt and purple jacket around her waist. She exuded confidence and excitement for the adventure ahead.

"Lisa, please be careful on your way," Mrs. Lee offered her well wishes as she emerged from her room.

"I will," Lisa assured, flashing a grateful smile.

"Please call your parents or me if anything happens, okay?" Mrs. Lee's concern was evident in her voice.

"No worries, I'll be fine," Lisa replied.

"I've heard the Lorelei Station is back in operation," Mrs. Lee remarked, referring to the last month events.

"Yeah, it was," Lisa acknowledged before adding, "Anyway, Mrs. Lee, I'm off now."

She slung her backpack over her shoulder and ready to depart.

Finally arriving at the Lorelei station, which was bustling with people, Lisa took off her glasses and placed them on her head.

Scanning the crowd for her friends, she suddenly spotted them and they excitedly called out to her.

During the excitement of exchanging greetings and catching up, Lisa found herself thoroughly enjoying the company of her friends as they prepared for their camping trip.

Laughter filled the air as they hoisted their large bags and gathered their gear.

However, during the cheerful chatter, one familiar name caught Lisa's attention, causing her to glance in the direction of the speaker.

To her surprise, Lisa's gaze fell upon Taehyun, casually dressed in a white polo shirt and beige jeans shorts, his bag slung over his shoulder.

She hadn't expected him to be attending the reunion.