🏵️ Chapter Sixteen : Second Meeting

SECOND MEETING

SECOND MEETING

Later that evening, in the confines of the hospital ward, Jeongguk reclined on his bed, his thoughts lingering on his encounter with Lisa earlier in the courtyard.

Despite the persistent headache gnawing at his temples, his mind remained preoccupied with her presence.

After a prolonged period of rest, during which he dutifully consumed the prescribed medication, Jeongguk found himself unable to shake off the lingering sense of unease.

There was something he felt compelled to do, a decision that weighed heavily on his mind.

With a determined sigh, he rose from his bed and reached for the notebook and pen resting on the nearby table.

As he turned to a fresh page, uncertainty clouded his thoughts.

Was he truly prepared to take this step?

Would his actions yield the desired outcome?

Despite the doubts plaguing his mind, Jeongguk pressed on, his hand moving with purpose as he penned his thoughts onto the pristine white page.

With each word, until finally, he folded the paper with careful precision.

It was a letter fraught with emotion, addressed to a recipient whose identity remained a closely guarded secret, known only to Jeongguk himself.

As he held the letter in his hand, he couldn't help but wonder about the impact.

Saturday, March 20th, 1980

The next two days in the morning, following his rehabilitation session, Jeongguk experienced independence as he navigated the corridors with the aid of walking sticks.

With Hyun by his side, he scanned the bustling ward, his gaze settling on a nurse stationed at the reception desk.

Approaching her with a polite greeting, Jeongguk conveyed his request to deliver a letter to someone he held in high regard.

"Excuse me. Could you help me with something, please?" Jeongguk's voice was polite but tinged with urgency.

The nurse looked up from her paperwork, her attention drawn to Jeongguk's earnest expression. "Of course, how can I help you?" she replied, her tone warm and attentive.

"I have a letter that I need to be delivered to someone. Her name is Lisa," Jeongguk explained, his voice steady despite the underlying sense of urgency.

The nurse nodded, understanding the importance of the task. "Lisa? Do you happen to know her last name or where she might be located?"

Jeongguk shook his head. "I'm not entirely sure, but I believe she works here, possibly in pediatric care," he replied, his brow furrowing slightly in thought.