🏵️ Chapter Eighteen : Sudden Invitation

SUDDEN INVITATION

SUDDEN INVITATION

By the time they reached the second floor, Lisa was waiting at her door, her expression a mix of concern and curiosity.

Lisa herself was dressed in a pink long satin sleeping dress, the fabric draped elegantly over her figure.

She wore a shawl to ward off the evening chill, its soft folds embracing her as she stood in the dim light of the stairs.

"Hey, Lisa," Namjoon greeted, slightly taken aback by her presence.

Lisa furrowed her brow. "Namjoon? What's going on with him?"

Namjoon helped Taehyun to Lisa's apartment, knowing it was the closest place they could go to sober up, especially Taehyun who drank a lot.

Despite Taehyun's state of inebriation, Namjoon had a feeling that being in Lisa's presence might help him gather his thoughts and confront their relationship issues.

"Can we come in?" Namjoon asked.

"Yeah," Lisa gestured to them inside her house.

Namjoon guided Taehyun into the apartment, his arm draped over his friend's shoulder for support. "Sorry for dropping by unannounced, Lisa. Tae needed a place to crash for a bit," Namjoon explained, casting a meaningful glance at Taehyun.

Taehyun managed a sheepish smile, his cheeks flushed with embarrassment. "Yeah, sorry. Didn't mean to intrude," he mumbled, his words slurring slightly.

Lisa nodded understandingly, ushering them into the living room. "No problem at all. Make yourselves comfortable," she said, gesturing to the couch.

Namjoon helped Taehyun settle onto the couch, where he slumped back with a tired sigh.

Lisa fetched a glass of water for Taehyun, placing it on the coffee table within his reach.

"Are you guys drunk?" She asked, detecting the unmistakable scent of alcohol.

Namjoon, though not as intoxicated as Taehyun, acknowledged with a nod. "Yeah, he had a bit too much. I'm just along for the ride," he admitted with a chuckle. "Well, Lisa, is it okay if I drop him off at your place? I don't think I can manage to get him to the hospital."

Lisa glanced at Taehyun, who appeared on the verge of collapsing from exhaustion.

She sighed, feeling a mixture of concern and annoyance. "Yeah, thanks for helping him, Namjoon."

"No problem. Well, I'm off," Namjoon said, heading towards the door.

Lisa closed the front door behind Namjoon and turned around, only to find Taehyun sitting on the couch, his gaze fixed on her despite his inebriated state.

Their eyes met, and Lisa felt a surge of frustration.

She resisted the urge to splash a bucket of water on his face to snap him out of his drunken stupor and leave her apartment.