🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Two : Long Time No See

LONG TIME NO SEE

LONG TIME NO SEE

Wednesday, March 31st, 1980

Two days later, at the Seoul airport, Taehyun stood waiting anxiously for someone.

Spotting a familiar figure in the distance, his face broke into a wide smile.

As she drew nearer, Taehyun's heart raced with anticipation.

The woman, dressed causally, approached him with a warm smile of her own.

"Jennie!" Taehyun's joy was evident as he enveloped her in a tight hug, his arm wrapping around her waist as they drew closer.

"I've missed you," Jennie whispered, her arms tightening around his neck.

Despite the arranged engagement with Lisa, Taehyun's heart belonged to Jennie.

Their love for each other remained.

Once inside Taehyun's car, Jennie voiced her concerns. "Are you sure this is a good idea? Meeting your parents, I mean."

Taehyun's confidence. "I believe it's necessary. I need to stand up for myself and tell them the truth about everything."

Jennie chuckled softly, her doubt evident in her expression. "And you think that will work?"

Taehyun squeezed her hand reassuringly. "I have to believe it will. I promised you, Jennie. I promised I would marry you."

Jennie managed a smile, though it faltered as the car began to move.

Deep down, she harbored doubts about their chances.

She knew his parents favored Lisa, seeing her as the ideal match, while she felt like an outsider, someone who didn't belong in their world.

🏵️

In her childhood room at her parents' house, Lisa getting ready for dinner at Kym's family.

Despite the occasion, she didn't seem particularly enthusiastic as she opted for a simple outfit: a navy blue blouse paired with a white skirt. Her brown hair was pulled back into a bun, giving her a somewhat somber appearance.

Sitting down at her vanity desk, Lisa gazed at her reflection in the mirror.

Her eyes drifted to her empty fingers, devoid of any rings.

With a sigh, she reached into her small pouch and retrieved a ring, slipping it onto her finger before heading out for dinner.

🏵️

Jeongguk's spirits were dampened as two days passed without Lisa's presence in the courtyard.

Each morning, he had hoped to see her, but her absence left him feeling disheartened.