Ch.2

We both sat at the edge are feet dangling. "Here's some food" he gave me an apple as I bit into it "You're the only guy that I trust so far." I mention.

He smiled looking down but then turned to a serious look "There's a few rules we have here that you need to follow but of course. Since you're the first girl we have had we're going to make a few more rules." He said looking at me.

I looked back at him studying his facial features he looked really attractive and cute. But I just got here I can't be thinking of that... "Why can't I remember anything?" I questioned suddenly.

Newt sighed "Everyone that has arrived here doesn't remember anything. It's apart of showing up here...." He chuckled "But.... We only remember our names, yours should come soon hopefully..." he looked out at the gladers.

"Now rule one.." he explained to me the rules about not hurting others and doing the stuff your supposed to and pretty much find our way out of here.

It seems like simple rules. I looked over at the builders and seen Gally he looked over at us as I made eye contact "Why is he an asshole?" I questioned. "That's just how Gally is... not a lot of people like him. So if you really don't want to be in builders....I understand. I can make arrangements for you. But you have to understand you have to do work around here like the rest of us." He mentioned.

I nodded "thank you and I will." I looked at Gally wondering what his story was why was he the way he is .

I only had a few seconds with him in the box and he just seemed like some ego , narcissistic , asshole type person.

Newt looked at my wrist seeing something he quickly looked away "Um... you should get rest I'll wake you up before the bonfire though."

I glanced at my wrist confused but seen the mark "Bonfire?" I asked.

"Every month when we get a new Greenie there's a bonfire and we celebrate for them."

I nodded and got up helping him up as he struggled to stand with his foot. "Thanks." He mentioned I felt like it wasn't going to be such a bad idea being here. At least I hope not.

We both went down as he showed me my hammock for now and I got in as he went away to another building.

I assumed where they have meetings at. Gally was walking over to the building before looking at me and going inside.

My eyes slowly closed as I dozed off.

- the dream:

I was in a room with a few other kids laughing as guards came in "Newt!" I yelled we all knew what was going to happen newt was being taken into the maze ! I didn't want him to go! He was my best friend! I was going to tell him how I felt about him.

We were 12-14 years old! We were just kids ! "Newt!" I yelled as the guards grabbed him someone held me back as I tried reaching for him "Thomas let me go!" I shouted crying as Newt called for me "McKenna! I'll be back! I promise!" He shouted "I love you!" He yelled I was so much in shock that I couldn't breathe right.

The guards left with Newt. I knew that was the last time I'd ever see him again.

I looked down crying as Thomas grabbed me and hugged me tightly in a protective manner "Newt!" I kept shouting as I bawled my eyes out.

- end of the dream

Newts POV

"Gally you can't treat her that way she's a girl and scared and fragile! How would you be going into the maze with a bunch of girls?!" I shouted at Gally.

Gally smirked laughing "I'd be happy as shuck!" He rolled his eyes crossing his arms.

"Whatever Gally! The point is if she doesn't want to be a builder she doesn't have to! The rules are nobody is touching her without her consent ! And if she needs help with anything someone better be there to help her! Everyone got it!" I yelled looking at all the boys in the room.

"Newt!" I heard my name being screamed making everyone confused.