Ch.5

McKennas POV

"She has to go" a women said.

"No I don't want her to leave !" A boy yells.

I walked in the room "Hey guys everything okay?" I asked
It was a few months after Newt left I was mentally struggling without him. I got a little bit closer to Thomas but he was acting stranger than usual like he knew something I didn't .

I watched Newt everyday on the cameras. Just to make sure he was okay and alive as well as a few other boys I knew . "Hey... McKenna can we talk?" The boy I believed named was Thomas mentioned. He seemed really scared.

He pulled me to the side in another room away from the girl pretty much dragging me. "They're taking you... into the maze..." he said shakily now facing my direction.

"Wh-what? No they can't!" I said freaking out. I've been watching my friends for months Newt, Gally and many others I knew before being sent to the maze. To make sure they were okay and alive. I need more time!

Thomas looks at me as he tries calming me down he puts his hands on my face gently pulling me into a kiss.

I gasp as I kiss him back shocked. "Thomas! You can't let them get to me!" I said moving closer to him as he had his hands on my arms not wanting to let go , the door opened revealing guards "I know a way out to get them out" he whispered to me so the guards wouldn't hear.

I looked at him confused wanting him to tell me more but he was suddenly pulled back from guards that just entered the room "Take the girl!" One guard said.

"NO ! THOMAS! THOMAS!" I cried he was trying to reach for me and trying to fight the guards off but more guards came and held him back and some older women held him back that entered as well "Thomas don't fight it." She said I was suddenly knocked out "NO! MCKENNA!" Thomas yelled before everything went blurry.

The last thing I remembered was "Remember McKenna ....Wicked is good."

-
Everything was blurry as I woke up I looked around seeing I was in a glass tank being confused as water slowly was filling up I realized what was going on "HELP!" I shouted as the water slowly moved up to my waist.

I kept banging on the glass trying to break out as i cried "THOMAS!" I yelled.

"TOMMY!"
I could see the creator just staring at me and a guy that smirked with amusement.

Thomas was standing there not moving not saying anything the last thing I saw before I blacked out was a tear going down his cheek as he walked away.

-

"McKenna!" I was shook awake making me sit up fast "Woah hey! You okay?" Minho asked.

I nodded "yeah.. sorry.. I just ..." "Dream?" Minho asked I nodded again. "Yeah but I- Nevermind." I remember what Newt said to not tell anyone about remember anything from dreams.

I don't know why I've been having weird dreams about Newt I'm still trying to figure out if he meant something to me in the past before Hand obviously the boy did ... I can't remember his name even though I felt like I screamed it so many times in the dream.

It's scary... this place everything ... I realized they could be watching us and I wouldn't know... I just wondered if that boy was okay.

"Let's go." He said making me confused "you're writing your name." He said we both went to a wall with a bunch of names written on there I put my hand over Newts and Gallys.

Minho chuckled confused why I did that but shrugged it off "Here." He handed me stuff to print my name on the wall.

I thought about what this wall was for and I realized a lot of these names crossed out were people that died. That's the scary part I realized.

I hope I'll never have to cross out Newt. I couldn't bare it.

-

It was time for breakfast I sat down next to Newt and Gally and Minho were there "So McKenna.... ready for jobs?" Newt asked.

I shrugged "as I'll ever be... when can I be a runner?" I questioned the second command which , Gally laughed at that.

"Please a girl a runner?" Gally questioned laughing.

"Prick." I mumbled "what was that?" Gally asked staring at me while glaring. Newt coughed from his drink since he heard what I said he tried not laughing.

The second in command tried changing subject "McKenna you sure you want to be a runner?" He asked "It's dangerous... I don't know if I want you to be one." He said shaking his head.

The boys been through the maze he knows what it's like he doesn't want her to get hurt. He cares too much about her for only knowing her for a few days. He didn't know why he did. But something in his heart pulled him too her.

Gally noticed how much he cared about her making him a little annoyed as he ate his food.

"Why not Newt ?! You guys never had a girl runner not even a girl in here! let me prove we're good!" I almost yelled.

He sighed he wasn't the sexist type even though they never had a girl in here. He looked at Minho who nodded at him assuring him she would be safe in his hands "fine one day in the maze." He said I smiled so hard that I probably couldn't smile anymore.

"Alright eat you'll need a lot of energy" Newt chuckles.

Minho smirks "Well McKenna you'll be enjoying a lot of me today." He laughed.

"Whatever" I laughed eating my eggs and bacon.