Ch.10

Authors note: I'm trying to make the time frame more accurate so enjoy !
-
Gally put a strand of hair behind my ear smirking "Not bad." He chuckled.

I looked down chuckling myself "let's go." I said walking away from him.

-
2 years later .

More greenies had shown up as well as relationships being built between gladers. I was officially a builder and worked with Gally most of the time.

Gally and I were still attached to the hip. But he's been confusing majorly. As for Newt I think maybe moved on? I don't know . I feel bad for him. I wish he would talk to me. But I think after him seeing me kiss Gally it was set and stoned to what his emotions and feelings were. But it was 2 years ago! I don't even know what Gally and I are!

Newt just doesn't look the same anymore. He looks depressed. I want to help him. I glanced over at Newt seeing him talk to Alby. Newt glanced my way before looking back at Alby quickly.

I decided to avoid the situation as the conversation seemed heated I wondered what it was about.... I went to breakfast seeing Minho "hey Minho!" I said sitting down next to him.

"Do you know what's going on between Newt and Alby? And any news on the maze?" I asked taking a bite of my eggs Ben sat next to Minho.

Yes . Ben replaced me as a runner . I wasn't too surprised that I was going to be replaced after what happened.

Nobody talked about it anymore because it was too traumatic of a moment for some of us....

Gally sat on my left side rubbing my leg under the table while smiling at me.

I smiled back welcoming him. I didn't know what we were ...we would kiss here and there but he never mentioned if he wanted to be my boyfriend or never really talked to me about his emotions and how he felt towards it. I felt like I was being used sometimes.

I hope not... I thought I am slowly beginning to have feelings for him... I think?

Minho was talking but I blanked out "Of course you're not even listening to me" he said making me snap out of it "sorry Minho." I said looking down as I took a bite of my food.

"It's okay you doing okay?" He questioned. I nodded and looked at my left at Gally he seemed distracted and not even paying attention.

I sighed and got up and left.

"Where are you going?!" Gally finally noticed.

"To work." I said annoyed.

Gally looked at Minho confused and got up chasing after me.

"McKenna!" He shouted grabbing my arm. "Hey what's going on?" I turned to face him.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

The sky started to rain which was really weird as it never rained before in the maze.

(The way it actually started raining as I'm writing this)

My hair was getting wet and I stared at him "You've been different.... I don't understand" Gally said calmly.

"I'm different ?....IM DIFFERENT?" I snapped crossing my arms.

"Hey- calm down-" "Don't ever tell me to CALM DOWN GALLY!" I yelled.

Newt and Alby and a few other gladers came over to watch.

NEWTS POV

"I don't want her back in the maze!" I shouted at Alby. I'm not one to argue with Alby but when it comes to someone I care for I will.

"We need every help we can get! It's our only option!" Alby orders. "Minho can help her get better."

I looked over seeing McKenna and she walked in the hut to get food I assumed it was breakfast time already.

"Alby! Why can't we just wait for more greenies to come up?! You know she can't even run!" I said.

McKenna soon came out yelling at Gally. I looked over feeling intrigued on what was going on I wasn't done with Alby yet but I wanted to hear what was going on and make sure she was okay and some others came out to watch.

"We kissed and all you do is send mixed signals ! and you haven't even told me you loved me! Or asked me to be your girlfriend!" McKenna said yelling at him. I looked down she really does love him.... I thought sadly. I can't believe it.... I thought I was finally getting over her but I'm not. I feel pain...

"What are you talking about?!" Gally yells back looking dumbfounded.

"Whatever!" McKenna shouts clearly needing space and walked away "MCKENNA!" Gally yells after her. Minho stopped him from moving forward as I shook my head at the two.