Ch.3

McKennas POV
"Newt!" I kept shouting and crying. I was suddenly grabbed ahold of  by Thomas "McKenna wake up!" Thomas shouted shaking me awake "McKenna! WAKE UP!" I was being shaken as I bolted awake gasping for breath.

"Hey! You're okay!" Newt said grabbing ahold of my arms. I got up hugging him. Which took him back confused "I- I - I remember - " I said scared Alby looked at Gally and told him to leave as he left with him.

Newt broke the hug gently and looked at me "What do you remember?" He said concerned and confused as to why she was saying his name.

"My name..." is all I could say making him confused "You sure that's all?" He questioned. "I remember you." I said looking at him.

Newt ran his hands through his hair sighing and he sat down on the hammock with me. "We were in the room we were like 14 years old...." I looked down as Newt gently rubbed my back.

"You were there and some boy I don't ...." I shook my head trying to remember "He shook his head "Hey it's okay you don't have to tell me. I didn't hurt you did I?" He questioned feeling scared immediately thinking he hurt me in some way.

"No! That's not what happened...." I sighed "You were being taken from me... I couldn't do anything to stop it..." I said tears slipping through my eyes. "We were just kids..." I said Newt pulled me in a hug tightly as I cried in his shirt.

NEWTS POV

I couldn't believe what she said she had a dream about me and barely knows me... it's like we're connected in a way before the maze.... I wonder if we dated or something?

The way it sounded we were close.... She wouldn't have been crying over some random boy being taken if we weren't. I looked down at her her beautiful brown hair shining in the light and tear stained face.

I knew now it was my mission to protect her. Protect her from out there. I couldn't let her go through what I went through in the maze no matter what Minho or Alby suggested. I had to ask Gally a favor even if he was a jerk.

"What was your name?" I questioned as she stopped crying and sniffed "McKenna..." she said I smiled "McKenna..." I said as it rolled off my tongue like I said it so many times before.

"McKenna promise you'll keep this between us? I think a few people will freak out if you remembered something from outside..." I said.

She looked at me confused "not many people remember anything before the glade." I looked down.

McKenna nodded understanding. I played with her fingers a bit trying to focus on something else rather than what she just told me as it's nothing to worry about as much right now.

Her wrist shined slightly as did mine but I hid my wrist with my hand "Nice! Pretty name" I chuckled not knowing what to say. "Hey let's go to the bonfire and get it started!" I said she agreed and we both got up helping with the bonfire.