Ch.6

Minho explained everything to me about the maze before we took off. Newt was standing by the doors, I could tell he was nervous "Bring her home." Newt said to Minho sternly.

"I got it I'll keep her safe promise!" Minho said.

Newt smiled a bit trying to relax "Be careful love okay?" He said I smiled "I will be!" For some reason my body did it on its own I kissed his cheek like it felt, I've done a million times before .

My face got red as did his he blushed a bit "Go on! Be safe you two!" Newt yelled. Minho pulled my arm as we both started running through the doors "COME ON!"
Minho spoke out loud. I looked back at Newt one last time before sprinting off.

We were looking at the same sections on the map to make sure nothing was different. It was a little bit scary seeing past these walls as they changed not only that you could be trapped here for the night so you have to move fast.

Grievers don't usually come out during the day. They've never really had many incidents on it.

Well I was wrong.

We stopped to eat our lunch really quick as we pretty much had to inhale our food down in like one bite.

I heard a clicking noise "what was that?" I questioned. We were looking at the map we made before going to run. I was confused looking around , "MCKENNA RUN!" Minho yells he grabbed my hand running we both held hands as we ran fast as we could.

I tried keeping pace with him, I accidentally let go of his hand because he was too fast for me and I couldn't keep up, he kept going faster and turned a corner. As I turned trying to follow, I didn't see where he went after that "shit!" I yelled. "MINHO!" I shouted as I stopped . I realized I was going to die. Today's the day I'm dying....officially that's what made me scared.

The griever behind me felt like it kept speeding up faster at some point. I kept hearing the noises it made, the griever was the most creepiest and scariest thing I ever seen it looked like a giant spider and I now realized I had a phobia of them.

I seen a opening so I took off running towards it as it was my only option as I didn't have time to think where to go, but I realized I was trapped there was a big opening to where it led to nothing but pretty much darkness.

I couldn't slow down on time as I fell over the edge of the cliff and caught ahold of the side while dangling. I grunted my hands felt really slippery as I tried holding on. My foot felt like it was in pain.
I realized I broke my foot.

"MINHO!" I shouted. I struggled getting up but I didn't have enough strength and my foot was hurting really bad.

The griever was getting closer or so I thought. I looked up and seen the Griever was gone. It was almost like it planned my death.

"MINHO!" I yelled almost in tears.

I didn't want to leave like this... I wanted to be with Newt and back home happy . I wanted us all to remember our lives and all to be safe. I wanted a reality that wouldn't happen.

"MINHO!" I yelled again slowly about to give up.
I almost let go when someone grabbed my arm. "MCKENNA!" Minho shouted he struggled lifting me up as I tried my best helping.

I was yelling in pain as he pulled me over next to him.

We both laid down catching our breaths "Don't scare me like that ever fucking again." Minho breathed out as he tried catching his breath.

There was stinging on my leg as I looked down seeing my foot bleeding bad. "Shit" I whispered.

I looked at Minho he seemed to have been worried and scared for me. He was like a brother at this point. He's been here for a year and I've only been here for a few days . I tried getting up and fell down because of my foot hurting so bad. Minho looked at me scared "Newts going to kill me." Minho mumbles.

"Minho .. don't tell him please! I want to run still!" I said.

Minho sighed "fine but if it gets worse we're telling him." He said angrily. He stood up putting his hand out which I grabbed willingly.

We found our way back just in time luckily . Gally and Newt were waiting I was surprise to see Gally I walked towards them smiling but everything felt weird.

Gallys POV

Newt told me McKenna went into the maze.
I was a little worried when Newt told me she went in. I couldn't do my work today which made Newt question me but I don't care . If he can watch for her I can to.

I haven't told her or anyone I've been having dreams about her, I somewhat remember her... I had feelings for her back before the Glade. But I can't show it right now. She doesn't even remember me. So how can I still have feelings for her?

I have to move on... I felt like being a prick was my only option to making sure she didn't catch anything for me either.

I don't want to change things from how they were before she arrived. I don't like change never have never will.

We both looked at each other questioning each others presents on why we're both waiting for them. But I looked out seeing a figure walking but looked like they were struggling and Minho was right next to the figure helping them. I see that the figure was McKenna she was looking as pretty as ever.

Wait... what? It's not going to happen. I need to stay away from her I thought. I can't do this not in the Glade at least...

Maybe when we get out?... I can confess?... maybe ? If we ever do... I've been here for over a year now along with Minho and Newt we all kinda came up around the same time frame. This is my second year being here.

McKenna smiled at the two of us but looked at me confused, before she suddenly blacked out.

"MCKENNA!" I yelled running over.