04 | Client G

Mark 7:6-7
He answered and said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: 'This people honors me in their lips, but their heart is far from me. And in vain they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'

RELIGION COMES FROM the word 'Ligare' which means reconnecting to a source. For Christians that source is God and Jesus is the connection to him. Remember the verse where Jesus says no one can come to The Father except through him. Right then Jesus establishes the religious agenda. God is just a word for all that is Divine so Jesus mentions The Father. Yahweh Elohim to be specific about our source. Different other religions have a divine being in which they believe is the source they need to be connected to.

In fact those days the reason the people were called christians wasn't because they went to church but because they were Christ-like. If you were Christian you were being branded as a satanist because you were drinking of blood and eating of flesh, as Jesus said which they didn't understand.

Now in this generation many people are trying to portray religion as a propaganda that seeks to restrict people to a certain way to act as monotonous christians, and that they need to escape from that life in order to truly see God. All over social media people talk about things like how it's all about having that deeper relationship with Christ-not that it's wrong-but they do it in a way that paints religion in a bad light. For them religion is a matrix they need to escape from in order to truly have that bond with God.

See how they neglect important things in their ignorance to make everything about feelings, and not conviction.

'But in the end everyone has to believe in something, right?' Akin thought, sitting under a mango tree in a mechanic park with a stick of cigarette in between his fingers. Some of the workers came early, about the same time families were entering buses to go to church. For these mechanics it was work first God later, they worried about feeding their families first. God be damned right?

The average Christian isn't seeking God.

Akin blew out a puff of smoke as he thought about himself being immersed in the whole religious act. It seems far-fetched. They wouldn't even allow a devil like him to set foot in a holy ground if they knew of the things he'd committed.

He scoffed. Christians were such hypocrites, many of them in the church. Immediately they stepped out of that building after crying, praying and singing praises to God they'd go back to gossiping, speaking bad about their neighbor behind their back, cursing and just tossing out everything they learned. They only went on Sundays to make themselves feel good.

And he would know. His father made sure to drag them to church every Sunday and then he would come home to beat his wife, drink his arse off till he was wasted and do heinous things to his children as a form of "punishment" to give him sick pleasure.

Does God condone that? Of course not. It's better to serve one master, and for Akin serve no one at all.

The ringing of his phone disrupted his train of thought. An image of a fair young man in his early twenties flashed on the screen with the name client-G$. After being on the run for almost a week now he'd started thinking of the next place to go. He tried contacting old friends and people who owed him favors but none responded till now. Client-G is a rookie he remembered helping a long time ago when he got himself in trouble with the police and the parents he was living under refused to help him. Akin helped him hide until the issue blew over.

"Hello?" Smoke came out of his mouth as he spoke.

"My man, how far? I've been trying your number and it's not going through. Where you dey? You know who this is right? I get some serious work for your crew."