10 | Healthy lifestyle

‭‭Proverbs 4:18
The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day.

THE WIND FROM the morning dusk carried itself coolly throughout the area. It swept through leaves with growing dew drops, ruffled trees and woke up the birds nestled in their nests to come out and sing their morning songs. It also passed through an open window sending goosebumps across the skin of the woman curled up under her blanket on a couch. It was a weekend hence she tried her best to wake up as early as five am for one reason only. Dawn meetings.

With her phone logged into telegram, attending a video chat call and her special notebook and pen in hand she listened attentively to the words of wisdom coming from the lips of the man of God.

"Jesus worked out a lot, guys. Check Luke chapter two verse fifty two; Jesus increased in wisdom and stature. According to the concordance, that word stature is transliterated from the Greek word hēlikía pronounced as hay-lik-ee'-ah meaning age, time of life or even height." Sir Evans, the man of God said in all seriousness. "The people Christ moved with, his disciples, were mostly fishermen. Do you think that's easy work? You'll be surprised how much a net full of fishes weigh. And yet that was their means of livelihood, or imagine the rowing of boats alone."

Naomi wrote his words down, highlighting the Greek word.

He continued, "That's why we need to work out. I'm placing emphasis on it this season, and I've personally started by going to the gym to get a membership." Naomi smiled as she thought about the day she decided to visit the gym upon Sir Evans' instructions. Aside from the preposterous amount they charged for membership only, not to talk of getting a personal trainer, the routine she practiced on her first day trial was too much for her body to handle. That day her legs were like jelly, to move her arm was difficult hence she skipped work for two whole days.

Naomi is a member of a beautiful family who call themselves The Martyrs. It was founded four years ago by Sir Evans after receiving a vision from the Lord concerning raising a generation of mystics, merchants; men who knew the deep mysteries of God. Although she followed them online they had grown to become a family she desperately needs, filled with more love than she could ever ask for.

Stumbling upon their Instagram page facilitated her intentional growth in Christ following certain past events that took a blow in her life. She took that step six months ago to join their discipleship class, at first because it sounded cool to be a disciple as the ones in the Bible then gradually it opened her eyes to so many things she strongly felt the church needed to be teaching instead. If people had access to this precious information maybe many would come to understand Christianity better, see the light and not leave the church.

It was a hectic period of learning and unlearning, battling with the feeling of unworthiness, slacking majorly, feeling guilty because she wasn't being as serious as she felt others in her discipleship class were, struggling with commitment issues and many more. Fortunately, she had leaders and shepherds to fall back on, and Sir Evans himself. And although she passed the end of the discipleship exam-the system was like a school-she was yet to fully submit herself as a son under the family. The sons were those fully invested in the vision, dear to Sir Evans as his own brothers and sisters.

It came with a lot of sacrifices because she had come to understand that committing means building your life around that vision. It had to happen when one is truly convicted, not by feelings and she just wasn't prepared for that.

"Working out is a discipline. I posted on my story some days back about The Spirituality of all things. Have you guys mused on that? Being a spiritual person isn't all about the 'kaba kadosh', falling under the influence of the Holy Spirit and such although those are part of it. Making sure that every part of your life is balanced is spirituality. To know what to eat, what not to and when to eat is spirituality."