05 | Too easy

EZE YOU'RE HERE.” Client G moved a purple pin over a makeshift map and placed it at a spot marked as the gate. “You'll be in the lookout position here for any police or suspicious people. Although I doubt anyone will be around except him. Tomorrow is Monday which means he will be working from home and this week is the week his children spend with their mother.”

Akin watched client G explain the details of the heist he'd been planning for weeks. He spoke as if he knew the man personally and had been watching his every move. One divorced politician lived in a big mansion close by and his client was planning to rob him. In his mind all politicians were thieves so if the commoners wanted to take back what was stolen there was no harm in that, only serving of justice.

“Bolaji, you'll knock out the security guards swiftly and quietly. If my Intel is correct there should be a maximum of two of them at their quarters. Security isn't tight because it's just him and the family is out. I don't think he'd be expecting any… guests today.” Bolaji, a six foot four man with broad shoulders, tight muscles that defined his t-shirt and a scowl on his bearded face nodded. He was the brawn of the operation.

Why would this politician choose to not live in an estate or somewhere secure first of all? He chose to stay at a place with security which isn't tight because he thinks people won't be foolish enough to attack his premises?

This is Nigeria and he's a filthy politician. There's no way he's prancing around without protecting himself from hoodlums ready to eat him alive.

“Chichi, Vee and Raman will surround and inspect the house. Both in and out to make sure he's alone before Black and myself strike.” He referred to Akin by his code name. Chichi eyed Akin. “We'll storm in and take him hostage before retrieving his prized possession.” Client G grinned to himself.

He was dragging everyone on a robbery mission, omitting what his eyes were truly on and what he plans to do to them. The image of an ancient artifact  hidden in a secret safe somewhere in that mansion worth millions of dollars flashed through his mind.

Meanwhile Akin sat down quietly, wondering how his client got all his information. He was too confident. It was obvious he was working for someone really important.

“That's it. It's a simple and easy plan to execute. In and out within minutes.”

“Some would say it's too easy. What's the catch?” Akin voiced his concerns.  “How sure are you that a politician like him had only two security personnels? And he'll conveniently be at home like a sitting duck waiting for us to come and whip him away.”

His friends looked at client G for an answer.

“He does have a point, Collins. Are you sure about all this?” Chichi supported him, giving him another look that suggested something.

“Have I ever led us into something I'm not sure of? You have to look at the bigger picture and make sure nothing falls out of place. I've everything figured out and I need only those willing to stand by me without questioning on my side.”

Great so he wants fools who'll follow him blindly, Akin almost rolled his eyes. That'll make him a fool as well.

“Where did he find this guy?” Vee muttered under her breath as the group dispersed for the night. 

Akin walked to his room and Chichi followed from behind. He held onto the door knob when he sensed her presence.

“You and I don't think like the rest of them.” She crossed her arm across her chest. “I don't trust Collins.”

“What does that make you? A traitor? Seeing as you're part of his 'trusted inner circle’” he made air quotes as he said the last part. Chichi walked closer to him until they were only inches apart. She trailed her hand on his tensed shoulders, down his arm and back up again. “I like you, Black. You've got guts.”