Part 2

Harry woke up, unable to see what was happening around him. He heard a gasp and turned his head toward the sound.

"Son, What are you doing here?" A familiar voice asked. Confused, Harry tilted his head, trying to figure out who it was.

"It wasn't time for you to be here, you have not gotten your inheritance yet," The voice went on, confusing Harry even more.

"Who are you?" He asked. He was trying to find where the voice was coming from but failed miserably.

"Harry, It's me, Azrael," The voice said.

"Death?" Harry asked, wanting to make sure it was his adopted father who was talking to him.

"Yes, but I told you to call me Azrael," the voice said, almost sliding grumpy, and Harry nodded. Azrael had visited many times over the years since Harry began Hogwarts, Saving him and healing his wounds. After a while, they developed a father-son relationship, especially after the Triwizard Tournament.

"Could you stand in front of me?" Harry asked politely.

"I am right in front of you. Son, can't you see me?" Azrael asked.

Harry's head fell and he shook his head. "I had acid poured into my eyes," Harry said stiffly.

Causing Azrael to gasp again. "WHAT? WHO DARES DO SUCH A THING?" He yelled.

"It doesn't matter now, Father," Harry replied. He heard a sigh and a finger under his chin, lifting his head.

"I have to send you back, Harry. I will give you your eyes back, but I can not grant you your sight. Your mate can, however, bring back your sight. All you have to do is bond with them, not necessarily sexually, but you need to drink a mixture of both their blood and yours and have someone recite the right chant, you will be able to identify them by smell seeing as your eyes won't work. You will have to get something or someone to guide you. However, I will lend you my eyes whenever needed. All you have to do is wish for them," Azrael said.

He gently ran his hands over Harry's face. "You're sending me back; how will I see until I get my guide?" Harry asked, panicking

"You will have my eyes when you wake up. Just don't look into anyone's eyes, or you will suck out their soul," Azrael replied softly, calming Harry.

The boy nodded. "I hate having to send you back at this time. You will finally go through your inheritance now that you had a death experience. You were supposed to get it last year, though it was blocked. Your body can not handle the pain, so I will make you sleep until your transformation is completed. Good Luck, My Son. I will see you on your Birthday," Azrael said. Harry felt a tug in his navel, and then he was aware of nothing.

Harry sat up and gasped; he looked around and noticed everything in great detail, better than human eyes should. He had Death's eyes.

'Thank you,' Harry said over his mind link with Azrael

'You're welcome,' came Azrael's gentle voice.

There was a tapping on the window, and Harry's head snapped in that direction. He saw an official owl tapping on the window. He gingerly sat up before crawling to the window and opening it. The owl flew in and dropped a letter in his lap before flying out again. Harry opened the letter and read it

'Dear Mr. Potter,

We have been made aware that you have gone through your creature inheritance. We at Gringotts congratulate you and would like for you to come in as soon as possible to discuss your vaults and your birth papers.

This letter is a port key, it will activate with the word Inheritance. We hope to see you soon.

Signed

Ragnook'

Harry slowly stood to his feet and made his way to the door; he tried it and found that it was open. He quietly made his way downstairs and into his cupboard. There, he saw Hedwig and his trunk, which had not been unpacked since he had returned from Hogwarts. Looking at an old clock he had restored from the trash, he saw that it was five am and the Dursleys would be waking up soon. He quickly shrunk his trunk and put it in his pocket before letting Hedwig out of her cage and bringing her outside to the backyard, telling her to meet him and the Leaky Cauldron. 

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 721

Re-published: April 26, 2024, 6 am

When are you reading this?