Part 8

Dominic was on his way to Tom's office, where his mate told him he would be, with Midnight hissing directions at him. He had been trying to sleep, but every time he closed his eyes, he saw images of his previous birthday beatings flash in his mind.

'What's the use of being blind if you still see images of the past?' Dominic asked himself.

'You know that's not how it works,' Azrael told him through their link

'Yes, but I do not wish to see them,' He told the man.

'The only way would be to lock them. And I will not allow any more blocks on you. The only way any will be put on you is over my dead body,' Azrael told him sternly.

Midnight hissed at him that they were in front of Tom's office, and Dominic raised his hand and knocked.

"Come in," He heard Tom call from inside the room.

He entered the office and sensed more people in the room other than his Godfather and mate, he stopped just inside the door not wanting to bump into anyone.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were still in a meeting," He said, sniffing the scents in the room.

"That's ok, Dom. You can stay," Tom said as he looked to where Dom stood by the door, his nose wrinkled as he tried to scent everyone.

Dominic stretched out his arm, and Severus knew he wouldn't move from where he stood unless he was guided. So even as the rest of the people in the room looked at them oddly, he went over to Dom and took his hand, leading him to where Tom was. He sat in a chair that Tom had conjured up for them and pulled Dom into his lap.

"You may continue," Tom said to the other people in the room as Severus felt Dom's soft breath on his neck.

"Yes, as I was saying, I need your help to find our little one," Came a familiar voice that Dominic knew but could not place.

"Why should we help you?" Tom asked,

"He could be in danger; he is one of your own," Came the same voice. Dom ran the voice over and over again but couldn't place it.

'Do you know that voice?' He asked Azrael

'Yes, That's Morty,' Azrael replied, and Dominic gasped and sat up on Sev's lap.

"What is it, Dom?" Severus asked.

"Well, I'll be Mortyfied," Dom exclaimed loudly and got two equally loud squeals in return before he was plucked off Severus's lap, And into the firm chest of his vampire cousin and the boobs of his aunt.

"Morty, Aunt Coda, What are you doing here?" Dom asks, practically vibrating with excitement.

"Well, shorty, we came early for your birthday, but when we went there, we couldn't find you, so we came here to ask for help," His Aunt Coda said, and Dom frowned.

"Inky, what are you doing here?" Asked Morty, using his nickname.

"I could not stay there anymore, Morty; they finally went too far," Dom said dejectedly.

"How far?" Morty and Coda asked at the same time.

"Mhmhmmhm." Dominic mumbled.

"Say that again, this time louder," Bella said.

"I went to where my father was for a little while, after what they did," He sighed. Immediately his Aunt Coda started sobbing and there was a whoosh of a vampire leaving he figured it was Morty. He held his Aunt as she cried into his arms and then he heard two whooshes.

"Coda, why are you crying on this boy?' Came the voice of his uncle Max.

"Hello, baby powder," Dominic said.