Part 13

Dom led Severus further into the fairy field. Every now and then, a fairy would flutter over to them in greeting before going back to their flower.

They came to a large tree in the middle of the field, and Severus gasped at it. The tree was dark purple, it had yellow flowers on it. Fairies fluttered around and their sparkles fell from the tree making it look even more magical than it already is.

Dom led him around the tree, where a door could be seen. Dom opened the door and pulled Severus inside. When they entered, Severus stood there, taking in the scene before him.

On the outside of the tree, it looked like a normal tree, but on the inside had fairy houses and looked like a regular human community. Only it was made out of mushrooms and went up to the top of the tree.

"I like that look on your face. It is rare to see the great Severus Snape speechless," Dom said, and Severus glared at him playfully.

"It's so beautiful here," Severus said, and Dom smiled.

"I know, and not many people know of it because as I said before. They only look for the dark in the black forest," Dom said, and Severus nodded in agreement.

They walked around the tree for a while, Dom showing and telling Severus everything he learned about the fairy people.

Dom leads Severus back out of the tree and looks up at the sky, noting that it is past noon. "Are you hungry? It's past noon, and you haven't eaten since breakfast?" He asked, and on cue, Severus' stomach growled loudly.

The queen fairy flew over to them. "I have heard your hunger; I can ask some of my fairies to make you some human food," She said, smiling at them.

"We couldn't possibly ask you to do that," Dom started to protest, but the queen waved them off.

"It's quite alright. I insist we would be honored to make a meal for you and your mate," she said. Dom looked at Severus, who nodded.

"Thank you," He said, and the queen smiled.

She leads them to a clearing in the floor field and uses her magic to turn some flower petals into a blanket. Severus and Dom sat down, Dom pulled Severus close to him, in between his legs before burying his nose in his neck.

A few minutes later, the fairgrounds started to fly out. Carrying plates of food and fruits. They placed the plates on the blanket before fluttering away.

The two ate in relative silence watching the fairgrounds go about their business. The two finished eating and sat relaxing for a while.

Dom dozed off a bit, and Severus gently pried himself from his grasp and made his way over to the closest flower. He knelt beside it and touched the petals, running his long potion-stained fingers over the blue petals.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" A soft, small voice said behind him, and he turned around to find a small fairy boy floating there. Severus nodded, inspecting the fairy. The fairy flew closer to him and landed on his bent knee. "You are the mate of the other human that saved my mom," The fairy said, and Severus looked over at where Dom was lying on the blanket, now covered in floor petals that a few fairies had placed over him.

"Yes, I am. My name is Severus," He said, and the tiny fairy nodded.

"My name is Leonard," The fairy said, and Severus nodded.

"How did you do it?" Leonard asked, and Severus looked down at him, confused.

"Do what?" He asked.

"Ask him to be your mate," The fairy prince asked. And Severus looked down at him to see he wasn't looking at him but at another fairy boy fluttering over a flower not too far away.

"Ahh," Severus said, understanding where the question was coming from. "We didn't start off on the right foot, we had a lot of bad moments from the time we met. We had fights, and yelled at each other," Severus said, staring at the flower in front of him.

"But you are mates, don't you get along from the start?" Leonard asked and Severus sighed.

"It was my fault; I saw him for someone he wasn't, letting it blind me. But he was also glamoured by a man who wanted to use him for his own personal gain. He recently figured out who he is and went to his real family. I am still working on trying to earn his forgiveness and be the mate he deserves," Severus told him.

"Which you already have, and you are already the best mate I could ask for," a voice said behind him. He turned slightly, conscious of the small fairy still on his knee.

"What?" Severus asked, shocked.

"You're smart, passionate, beautiful, sweet, thoughtful, and ambitious. Everything I could ask for in a mate," Dom said, leaning down to kiss cheek, and Severus blushed lightly.

"Well," Severus said, turning his attention back to the fairy prince watching them. If you wish to ask that other fairy you were looking at earlier to be your mate, go for it," Severus said, and the fairy prince gave them a nod before flying off and leaving them.

"Come on, it's getting late. We should head home," Dom said, pulling Severus to his feet. They said goodbye to the fairy queen and the others before exiting the vine curtains and apparated home.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 891

Re-published: April 26, 2024, 11:30 am

When are you reading this?