Part 4

(Name change for Harry)

Exiting the bank a few moments later, Dom made his way to the animal store. He had to get himself a guide and give Azrael his eyes back. He was happy to have his vision, but what was the use if you couldn't look into a person's eyes?

As he walked, a few girls approached Dom, complimenting his looks and trying to flirt with him, and he wished he could suck their souls out, but he didn't. By the time he got to the shop, ten girls came up to him. He entered the store, and immediately, something caught his eye. Dominic approached the cage and saw a three-foot-long black snake coiled up in the corner. The tag on the cage read 'Black Mamba, Highly Venomous.' The snake lifted its head and looked at Dominic.

#Great another stupid human,# The snake hissed.

#I'm not stupid,# Domhissed back, and the snake looked at Dominic again.

#You a speaker?# It asked.

#Yes. What's your name?# Dom replied.

#I don't have a name,# The snake said.

#Would you like to come home with me?#" Dom asked the snake and got a yes in reply.

#Ok, but first, you must know that I am blind; you must be my eyes,# Dom told the snake.

#It would be an honor to help you, speaker,# the snake replied.

#Good, your name will be Midnight,# Dom said.

After Dominic bought Midnight, he went to the shop to make his wand. After an hour of picking up the material, he was told to return in thirty minutes. Dominic exited the shop and went to sit on a park bench.

#Remember the way to the wand shop?# He asked Midnight, who was around his neck,

#Yes,# Midnight replied.

Dominic looked around and saw the leaky Cauldron sign and pointed it out, telling Midnight that after they left the wand shop, that was where they would be going. With a hiss of approval, Dominic decided it was time to give Azrael his eyes back.

Dom closed his eyes and wished them away, and when he opened his eyes, he saw nothing but darkness, his long-time friend. He did realize, though, that his other senses heightened, like his smell and hearing. Sighing, Dom tipped his head back and relaxed as the sun's rays touched his face. It didn't last very long, though, because a few minutes later, a shadow was cast over him, and a hesitant female voice said, "Hello."

A few minutes earlier

The Malfoys were walking down Diagon Alley. Narcissa and Lucius wanted to take their son Draco out for the day, though it was not one they celebrated. It was the day Draco's twin brother was taken from them a few weeks before their birthday. Suddenly, Draco stopped, and his parents bumped into him.

"Son, what is it?" Lucius asked his son, but his son continued to stare.

Draco quickly took off in the direction he was looking, causing his parents to hurry behind him to catch up. Draco stopped again and looked around.

"Draco dear, what is it? Did you see something?" His mother asked, concerned.

"Yeah, I saw him, Mom. He was right there," Draco said, not looking at his parents.

"Who did you see?" His dad asked.

"Him," Draco said, pointing towards the park.

His parents looked to where he was pointing and gasped. It couldn't be, could it?

The Malfoys quickly approached the street and stopped before the young man sitting on the park bench with a black snake wrapped around his shoulders.

"Hello," Narcissa said, and the person's head quickly turned towards her, but his eyes remained closed.

"What do you want?' The young man asked in a tired voice.

"We were wondering if we could talk to you?" His father asked.

"I just want to be left alone," replied the other boy with closed eyes.

"Look, can you just tell us your name?" His mother asked, almost begging.

"My name is unimportant to you," The boy snapped.

His father went to talk, but Draco cut him off. "Please, it's really important," he told the man, and the young man's head quickly turned in his direction.

"Draco?" His look-alike asked tentatively.

"Yes," Draco answered. A smile slowly crept onto the man's face as he stood.

"Give me your hand," The young man said, holding his hand out; Draco slowly put his hand into the man's hand and was quickly pulled into a hug.

"It's good to meet you, brother," The man whispered as he tightened his arms around Draco, who began sobbing, clutching the back of his brother's shirt. His brother, who was shorter than him, buried his face in Draco's neck. They pulled apart a few minutes later, and Draco looked up at his big brother to see his eyes still closed and frowned.

"Are you OK?" He asked.

"Yes, I am; why?" his brother asked.

"You haven't opened your eyes the whole time mom and dad were talking to you," Draco pointed out, and his brother winced.

"That was them?" His brothers asked, his voice sounding worried.

"Yes, it's us," came his father's reply, and his brother sighed.

"We will talk, but not here. I must collect my new wand and owl from the Leaky Cauldron and buy some clothes. Then we can talk somewhere private," His brother said with a frown before turning and heading away, leaving the rest of the Malfoys to follow.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 865

Re-published: April 26, 2024, 7 am

When are you reading this?