Part 6

After finally getting control of his magic, Tom moved to sit by him with his friends. He really wanted to find the people who did those things to his godson; he wanted to torture them within an inch of their lives before bringing them back and doing it all over again.

"It's been a long day, and it's almost time for dinner. So, how about we go down to the kitchen," he suggested.

They all agreed and exited the office. They were almost to the kitchen, with Dominic behind them. Midnight occasionally hissed at him, warning him about obstacles and turns. Then suddenly, Dominic stopped, causing Severus, who was behind him, to bump into him.

"Dom, what's wrong?" Draco asked his Brother.

"You don't smell that?" He asked, disgusted.

Everyone sniffed the air, but they didn't smell anything. Dominic's disgusted look told them he did, and it was a terrible smell. Dominic started to growl low in his chest and looked towards a vase on the floor.

"Show yourself, bloody rat. You're stinking up my air, and don't try to run. You won't get far," he said, confusing everyone until a rat emerged from behind the vase and shifted into a man.

"Why do you spy?" Dominic asked, the man still standing in the same place, not even acknowledging him by looking in his direction.

"I was not spying," the man said, but the way his heart sped up, he could tell he was lying.

Dominic growled again. "You dare lie to me?" He asked. Dominic asked this, turning to face the man.

"Dominic, Pettigrew wasn't spying," said Tom, and Dominic's breath hitched; he had heard that name before in the order meetings.

"Peter Pettigrew?"Dominic asked.

"Yes, how do you know me?'' The rat-man asked skeptically.

"You work for the old fool; you're an Order member; I have seen you in the meetings telling Dumbledore everything you know about the Dark Lord," Dominic said, and everyone in the hall watched as Peter grew pale.

"Peter, is that true?" Tom sneered at the man.

"No, my Lord, The boy is lying," Peter replied, still shaking.

Dominic growled at him. "I have seen you talking with the old goat,"

"Dominic, Peter has been undercover for me for years," Tom told him, dismissing the rat man, and he ran down the hall.

"He betrayed someone very close to me, Tom, and Dark Lord or not. You will not stand between me and the people I wish dead because they will deserve everything that will be done to them," Dominic snapped, and everyone watched as Tom stood there staring at him. Dominic closed his eyes and took a deep breath as if to center himself before opening them again.

"So, dinner?" he said and took off in the direction they were all heading, leaving everyone to gape at him.

Tom pointed his wand at Peter, "You will be staying in the dungeons until we get this cleared up." He said, and magic flowed out of his wand, and the rat disappeared.

When the rest of them got to the dining room, they saw Dominic sitting at the end of the table, where Tom usually sits, with a depressed look on his face.

"Dominic, are you alright?" Severus asked. Moving to sit next to him.

"Yes, I'm fine," he replied in a monotone voice.

That made everyone exchange glances. They had sensed the strong Dark power coming from Dominic when he snapped and it still lingered in the air and it made them wary of the teenager who sat with them.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 572

Re-published: April 26, 2024, 8 am

When are you reading this?