Seungmin

He planned on making her a cup of warm tea, but before he could, she was already back asleep. He didn't mind, she could use the sleep anyway. After he tucked the blanket around Cynthia's shoulders, she let out a soft sigh and began to drift away.

He probably shouldn't have taken the time to gather a thermometer and medicine, but he wanted to be fully prepared. He grabbed the white device and held it a few inches away from her forehead. He couldn't remember who bought the no-touch thermometer, but he was glad they had it.

This way, he didn't have to bother her while she slept. He could scan her forehead and take her temperature without having to move her or wake her up. By the time it beeped, he wasn't surprised that her normal body temperature was elevated two degrees.

It wasn't terrible, but a fever was still a fever. Across the way, Chan peeked his head around the hallway corner to glance at the two. Seungmin wasn't aware that everyone had stayed over until he heard Chan's voice drifting from Lee Know's room.

He invaded Lee Know's room to ask where the thermometer was. It turns out, Lee Know was harboring Changbin and Chan in his bedroom. Across the way, Hyunjin and Han were over with I.N and Felix. He didn't know why the other dorm had decided to sleep over, but they had.

"Seungmin?" Chan whispered.

Seungmin spun around and found Chan peering at him from around the hallway. Chan waved him over and he approached him. "What is it?"

"Is she alright?"

"Low grade fever."

"Uh-oh." A frown fell across Chan's face. "Is she going to be alright? Do you guys have medicine here? I can go back over to my dorm and ge-"

"No, that's alright. We have some stuff here and I know the one fever reducer works. She used to take it back at our apartment when she was sick. I'm just going to stay with her out here and let her sleep. I'll probably camp out on the other side of the couch."

"Okay, I'll make sure I keep the volume down with the rest of the guys. I think everyone in Innie's room is sound asleep. Lee Know just fell asleep not too long ago and Changbin was getting around for bed."

"Hyung?"

Chan glanced up and his umber eyes met Seungmin's. "What is it?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For helping me get Cynthia. For being motivating. Just..." He trailed off trying to find the words. "For everything, I guess."

A shy grin appeared across Chan's face. He opened his arms and Seungmin's face scrunched up in displeasure. "Don't do that, come here and let me hug you."

As much as Seungmin didn't appreciate it, he let Chan wrap him in a bear hug. He'd never admit it out loud, but it was nice. Chan squeezed him tight and cooed happily. It felt nice to be so loved.

"Hyung?"

"Too much? I'm sorry." Chan pulled away and took a step back.

"Well, yeah, but no. I haven't really gotten the chance to ask you or Hyunjin yet, is Flor-"

"She was arrested by an officer earlier this morning, yes. Speaking of that," his eyes went to Cynthia, "they wanted to speak to both of you to get the full story. The officer wasn't sure if charges were going to be able to be filed, but they were going to try. She's, at least, been arrested for assaulting her neighbor."

"Oh." Disappointment laced Seungmin's voice. He was concerned that there was a possibility that Flora would come back. He didn't want her attempting to cause anymore harm to Cynthia. She had already been through so much.

"Seungmin?"

"Hmm?"

"If they can't arrest her for that, we'll get a restraining order against her."

"That won't stop her, she's insane."

"You don't know that for sure. We'll take it day by day and figure it out together. I'll do whatever I can to help both of you in this situation."

"Can you help me tomorrow?"

"How?"

"I need to go back to Flora's apartment and go get some of Cynthia's stuff. I have some stuff here she can wear, but she's going to need far more than what I have. I just want her to be fully comfortable."

"Of course, I can help with that. I'll take you some time tomorrow and we'll figure it out. I think if I talk to Hye-soo, I'll be able to get a hold of the building manager. I don't have a copy of the key to get inside."

The two continued to talk and Seungmin felt a little better about the situation. It wasn't perfect, but it was a start. Maybe while he was there, he could figure out how to contact Cynthia's doctor. There were so many things he had questions about.

He'd snoop around Flora's apartment for hours if he had to. Whatever it took to help get Cynthia back to semi-normalcy, he'd do it. Earlier, Lee Know even mentioned the potential option of therapy. Nobody knew just how much damage that Flora had done to her.

Little did he know, he'd find out the next day.