02

[ ◉¯]

Chapter 2

Owe

He was staring at me like I was such an entertainment to the eyes. As his eyes bore into me, his face was coated with hints of amusement and playfulness, mine was the complete opposite—my eyes were piercing through him like darts, letting him know that his presence was such a nuisance.

I didn't even know why I got irritated at the sight of him again. It could have been because of our previous encounter, or I just watched how he shamelessly made out with a girl, or maybe due to his personality as a whole. His audacity and a sense of entitlement were probably the reasons why I did not like his vibe. I never liked people who were entitled, na feeling nila they're all that when they're not.

"So..." Sumandal siya sa doorframe at humalukipkip, ang kaniyang mga mata ay nasa akin pa rin. "You're here, huh..." ani niya sa mababang tono.

Hindi ko siya pinansin. Nagpasalamat na lang akong huminto sila sa pagkain sa isa't isa at kung kaya komportable na akong makahugas ng aking mga kamay. Kaso napagtanto kong nandiyan pa rin pala siya kaya bumalik yung bigat na nararamdaman ko.

Bakit pa rin ba nandito 'to? Bakit hindi niya sinundan yung babae niya? Parang tigang na tigang pa nga naman siya kanina, ah...

Mas hinabaan ko pa yung katahimikan upang sana makuha niya yung nais kong ipabatid na hindi ako interesadong kausapin siya, pero nang tinapunan ko siya ulit ng tingin, nakatitig pa rin siya sa 'kin, hindi nawawala yung paglalaro sa kaniyang mga mata.

I leered at him before looking away to divert my attention to my hands, letting the water run through my palms.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked with my voice that dripped of sourness.

I saw him bringing his knuckle to his lips as he chuckled huskily. "Like what?"

I cocked my head towards him again, turning the faucet off before wiping my hands with some tissue.

"Like that," I replied sternly, slightly tilting my head forward, insinuating his eyes.

I was referring to the playful glint in his gaze. It would have been fine if it was someone else, but when it came to him, his eyes were like indirectly telling me that I was someone not to take seriously, and was just a kid he could mess with—which was offensive for me. I was not a plaything nor a kid. I suddenly recalled when he called me a 'little boy' earlier this afternoon, which fueled me even more.

Tumaas ang kanang kilay niya kaya inirapan ko lamang siya habang patuloy na pinupunasan ang kamay ko ng tissue.

Bakit kasi ang tagal matuyo.

"I didn't expect to find someone like you in here," he muttered again in a raspy tone.

My head all of a sudden turned towards his direction. It seemed like it was the reaction he was yearning from me because he grinned as he slowly put his hands inside of each of his pocket.

Masama ko siyang tiningnan. "What's that supposed to mean?" Asik ko sa kaniya.

He momentarily smiled with his teeth before forcing himself to look serious, but to no avail. He still looked like he was taunting me. I gritted at the thought.

Kaunti na lang talaga at baka ibibigay ko sa kaniya ang gusto niya.

Nagkibit balikat siya. "I mean, parties are for people who want to socialize and have fun, so I really didn't expect to at least find you here," aniya. "And based from our previous interaction, you don't seem...fun." Ngumisi pa siya.