16

[ ◉¯]

Chapter 16

Favorite Drink

Like the fleeting wind, time elapsed swiftly. Weeks went by and before I knew, the first quarter examination was already approaching. That meant that it was going to be another week of cramming for studying different lessons from each subject.

It was nothing new for me.

What was new for me however, was my mind couldn't let go of all the events that occurred that Halloween Night. Masyadong marami yung nangyari na nasubukan talaga yung emotional well-being ko. I never felt that much change of emotions in one night. I went from excited, to confused, frustrated, conscious, mad, timid, vulnerable, and...

Hindi ko na lang sasabihin.

It has been four weeks since then. Patuloy pa rin naman yung pagpapanggap kong panliligaw kay Swyney pero hindi na naging gano'n yung priority. Sauyer and I would bump into each other in school from time to time and he'd keep on nagging me as he usually does. Umabot na rin ako sa point na tino-tolerate ko na lang siya kasi gano'n na lang talaga 'yon. Hindi na siya magagamot.

But aside anything else, I was...silently grateful for him, because he managed to pull me out of that hole where my thoughts continued to torment me. That even Mommy still hasn't called or contacted me again, I was able to at least feel more lightly about the whole situation. I suddenly had the mindset of 'what will be, will be' registered on my mind.

Because how could you even replace that memory that kept on replaying over and over again on your mind? He somehow made life seem so easy to handle—as if parang wala rin siyang pinagdadaanan. That shit's hard, but that was what I started to admire from him.

Not to mention the poem he wrote on the spot for me...

My phone vibrated just as I was connecting my phone to my headphones. My eyes involuntarily looked up at the top of my screen to see Swyney's text message. I immediately clicked on it.

Swyney:
Hello, Elize? May I know if you're coming na? Do you want to be sundo by our Kuya Driver?

Kaagad akong nagtipa ng maisagot kasi hindi naman kailangan dahil marunong ako mag-commute mag-isa, and plus, I didn't mind it.

Elize:
it's fine. no need. otw

At tsaka ko hinablot ang aking sling bag at bumaba na ng hagdan. Nadatnan ko naman si Thaianara na nanunuod ng movie sa TV ng sala habang kumakain ng popcorn.

Her head swiftly turned to my direction as soon as she heard my footsteps down the stairs.

She eyed me curiously.  "Saan punta?" She asked, but it was more of a demand of an answer.

I removed one side of my headphone to hear her clearly.

"I'm going to Swyney's. We're going to study together for the exam, but it is more to showcase the you know...our agreement," I calmly stated.

Pinanliitan niya ako ng mga mata bago naglagay ng popcorn sa kaniyang baba.

"Hindi pa rin kayo tapos diyan? Ang tatag naman. Hindi ko kailanman alam na marunong ka pala mag-commit," aniya sa nang-aasar na tono.