chapter 3

“Stella?” Jax spoke with surprise, Chibs looked at him and then back at the woman. “You mean, this is the woman who ran from you two years ago?” Chibs spoke to Jax with a look of amusement, Jax nodded his head. “Yeah, I’m here. And this is Ella, my daughter.” Stella spoke with a blank tone, looking at the man she still loved with a blank face, Ella's voice made the man turn and look at the little girl in Chibs' arms. “Mama.” The high-pitched squeal comes from an over-excited child. Jax looked from Stella to the little blonde girl, to him it was looking into a mirror, if the mirror switched your gender. Stella reached for the child, taking her from Chibs, and sitting the girl on her lap, Ella started smacking her hands on the bike's gas tank. Her voice was high as she giggled and made moises. As Jax watched them, he thought of something. “How old is she?.” Jax’s voice made Stella look at him with a raised eyebrow, Placing her finger on the corner of her mouth, in what looked to be her thinking. “Well, let me think. Taking that her birthday is at least five months, and I left you two years ago, then that would mean she is two years old.” Stella’s voice was mocking in tone. By the time She finished, Jax's mouth was open, as his brain racked over it, with Chibs laughing next to him. Gemma had finally made her way to them from the office. “Where’s my grandbaby?” Gemma’s voice made Jax look at her in disbelief. “Mom, you knew?” Gemma stopped looking from Christina and Stella to her son. “Of course, I knew. She came to me when she found out and wanted to leave.” Gemma moved to blame her granddaughter’s mother, Stella looked at Gemma with wide eyes, and Christina noticed moving to take Ella. “Here let me take her, sweetie.” Christina's voice grabbed the attention of Ella, her voice stopping Gemma in her tracks. “Grandma.” Ella made grabby hands to the blonde woman, getting her wish. Stella moved off the bike, making her way up to Gemma. “Now you and I both know that I left because your son couldn’t keep it in his pants, along with you not even trying to stop me from leaving with her. Now instead of blaming me, how about you take a good look in the mirror.” Stella held anger, and hatred towards the woman, who is her mother-in-law. Every word held venom, taking a deep breath, Stella’s eyes looked the woman up and down once. “You're not even worth my anger.” Taking a step back, she turned to look at Jax. “And you, if you want to meet your daughter I suggest, you come over tomorrow afternoon.” Her voice straddled him, with the straightness it held. She began walking back to the bike, throwing her leg over it. Starting it, the engine roared, and then she moved it next to the Impala, talking to the blonde woman. She nodded and began walking over to Gemma. “I don’t get how you could say that about that woman. She is the strongest single momma I know. See you made the mistake of letting her go, and I got the fortune of meeting her. And becoming this little girl's grandma.” Christina spoke to both Jax and Gemma, holding her hand out for the key, about to walk away after getting it, but turning back around halfway. “Oh, and I wouldn’t try to hurt or kill her, darling. She carries a gun around in her waistband and has two shotguns. She has been almost killed because of something you guys have done, but she learned not to trust easily anymore.” Christina finally walked away back to the Impala with the little girl on her hip. The two women left down the road towards town, leaving Jax looking at his mother in disbelief. “Why?.”