chapter 5

The morning sun shone through the window right into Stella’s eyes. As she buried her head, she heard the sound of knocking at the front door. Groaning, Stella rolled over and off the bed. “I’m coming, keep your pants on!” She said as she grabbed a pair of black sweat that read on the upper left thigh ‘Tattooed moms club’. Walking to the door, with the pants in hand, she opened the door and she put her foot in the first hole. “Well, I can see that you have changed.” Looking up through her eyelashes, the man in front of her was her husband, Jax. “Well, everybody changes after a few years.” She said as she continued to put her pants on. “Well, you changed a lot, hell you had a child, fuck my child, and didn’t tell me.” Pulling up the waistband to her hips, she then placed her clenched on her hips, looking at him with raised eyebrows, and a smile that said ‘Really, you wanna go there.’ Shaking her head, with a small laugh, she looked back up at him. “It’s too early for your bullshit, Jackson.” Stella spoke, as she turned around walking to the kitchen, leaving the door open for him to walk inside the dark-painted house. “I’m getting some coffee, if you would like to discuss this as an adult, then bring your ass inside.” He heard her speak from the doorway, making his way inside, he looked around the living room, finding a black couch, two matching, along with a small red kids' couch sitting next to a small wooden bin of toys. The TV sat on a dark wooden box holding DVDs of all kinds. The rug that lay under all the furniture was a dark purple, adding very little color to the almost black room. Making his way to the kitchen, finding the mother of his daughter with a cup of coffee in her hands, as her head lay on the counter in the middle of the black, gray, and white kitchen. The wall in between the counters and upper cabinets had a wallpaper with bats on it, where the cabinet knobs were skulls. He could see drawings that were drawn by a child on the fridge held by letter magnets. “So, are you just going to stand there or are you going to talk?” Her voice had broken him out of his mind, and he looked to find her sitting at the head of a six-chair table. Her chair was engraved with bats, skulls, and a reaper placed in the middle at the top of the round edge of the chair. Sitting down at the chair right across from her, he noticed a scar right across her neck right under the omohyoid muscle, the scar was white even more against her skin, it was faint, he never remembered her having that scar two years ago. He heard the sound of running feet down the hall, as a little blonde girl came into view again for the second time. In her little arms was a stuffed crow, with tears going down her cheeks. “Mama!” She screamed as Stella turned in her chair holding out her arms. The girl ran for her arms, Stella pulling her up into her lap, the girl's arms going around her neck, and head into her plush-like chest. “It’s ok, my little star. Another bad dream.” Stella cooed her words more of statements than a question. Ella nodded her head, as tears continued to steam down her face. Rubbing her blonde hair, with her hand, Stella wrapped the little girl in her arms. Ella continued to cry until she was asleep again in the safety of her mother's arms, her tiny hand fisted in her mom’s oversized t-shirt, which he took note was his. Jax watched with amusement at the woman, whom he had hurt years ago, be the mother she had always wished to be. He just wished he was there for her, to show her that he did love her more than she knew. “You can say what you want now.” She spoke to him, as she picked up her cup, bringing it to her lips, the burning liquid going down her throat. “Why didn’t you tell me?” The first thing that came out of her mouth was not ‘You're a good mom’ or ‘I miss you’, it was something almost stupid to ask the woman in front of him. Shaking her head, Stella looked at the little one in her arms and then back at him. “Because you think I wanted my daughter around you when you were hurting me like you did. Sleeping with all those, I don’t even have a word for them bitches.” She huffed, as her head shook without knowing what to call those women. “I would have changed for the baby, Stella.” He spoke as he looked at her with a childish face. “I already have one child, Jaxs. Don’t be making it two. And no, you wouldn’t have, You were too busy getting over Tara, even after you married me. I know you weren’t ready then, but I heard through the grapevine that Wendy was having your child, so Here I am back in charming, letting you see and meet your daughter so she can have a father figure in her life. But don’t make me regret this Jackson Teller, because I didn’t have to move charters again, I could have stayed where I was before. Don't think I’m doing this for you or me, I’m doing it for the little girl in my arms.” Stella spoke with a hardness to her voice, as she watched Jax look at her with a dumbfounded face. “Oh, yeah. I know about Wendy, don’t think that just because she is your new baby mama, doesn't mean I hate her. Remember Jackson teller, I’m the one who wears your crow on her tit for the whole world to fucking see.” She spoke with anger, as she stood with the small child in her arms. Walking back down the hall to the bedrooms, she called back to him. “I think you should leave now. Oh, and I’ll be going by the hospital to see the baby. See you around Jackson.” The head was gone from the doorway of Ella’s bedroom when the last word left her mouth. Jaxs sat there for a few more seconds before leaving the house. As he sat on his bike, He saw her watching from the window. The roar of his bike made Ella wiggle a bit in her arms but calmed down after he left. Laying the sleeping child in her bed, Stella brushed her blonde hair to the side of her little chubby face. Smiling at her, Stella left to get dressed for the day before making breakfast.