chapter 12

BANG, BANG, BANG, the sound woke up Stella from her bed, making her jump. The sound, coming from her door. Making her way to the door, she pulled open the front door to find Happy standing on her porch. “You better have a good reason for scaring the daylights out of me,” Stella spoke with sleepness in her voice along with Annocey. Happy just looked at her for a few minutes until she finally let him in. Making their to the kitchen she started a pot of coffee. “What is it? You have to be here for a reason.” Happy waited for her to sit down, as she stood leaning against the counter. “Donna dead. She was shot in the back of the head last night” Happy decided to just rip the bandaid off right away there was no sugar-coating it. Stella looked at him with a blank face, Happy watched as Stella went silent for a few minutes until she started laughing. “Ok, is this a prank, is she here? Ok Donna you can come out now. This isn’t funny.” Stella stood up looking around with a smile as she chuckled. but once she looked back at Happy her face fell slowly as it dawned on her it was real. “No, no, no, NO! I just saw her the other day, and she was fine. Oh Donna, Not Donna. Oh my god, the kids, Opie.” Happy grabbed Stella as her voice got lower she started to cry. Her body fell to the floor, and he held her as she cried. Her heart felt like it was breaking, as her mind kept replaying memories. “Donna!” Stella yelled as she ran to the older teen, Donna wrapped her arms around the small girl. Donna smiled at her, as they talked. She saw the spark when she looked at Jax, she just hoped Jax would see the girl better. Years went by, Donna walked to the kitchen to find a letter sitting on the kitchen table with teary eyes Opie. “What did he do now.” Opie just looked at her, pushing the letter toward her. Donna picked it up, and as she opened it to read, her eyes landed on Stella’s handwriting. Donna’s eyes read over each word, her mind running with ways to hurt Jax Teller. Two years later, Donna found herself in the grocery store walking down the aisle, until she landed in the cereal aisle. Her eyes looked at each box until she heard a voice she didn’t think she would hear again. Looking up, she found a slightly older Stella Teller. “Hey, Donna.” Stella said as she smiled at the woman, Donna walked around the cart pulling her into a hug. Her arms tight, so tight, that her arms turned whiter than usual. “I missed you, and I’d like you to meet someone.” Stella as she finally got out of the hug. Moving to show the little girl in the shopping cart, Ella looked up at Donna. “Ella, I’d like you to meet your Aunt Donna.” Stella said as she grabbed ahold of Ella's hand. Ella just smiled as she looked at the woman who looked at the blonde girl and then at Stella with wide eyes. “IS she?” Stella nodded as Donna and she moved to start walking together. The next few days were spent with Donna and her kids, as Kenny and Ellie played with the 2-year-old, the women laughing as they caught up on their lives. Stella was brought back to her place on the floor, in Happy’s arms when she heard Ella running down the hall, yelling for her. “Mama, what’s wrong? You crying.” Ella said as she sat in front of her Mom. ‘Oh bless this little girl.’ Stella thought as she pulled her into her arms, “You remember Auntie Donna right.” Stella asked Ella, the little girl looking up at her mother and nodding her head. “Well, Auntie Donna had to go to heaven, she gonna see Bub.” Ella looked at her mom, taking in her words. “Auntie Donna is gone,” Ella said as Stella nodded her head, Ella didn’t get it, but she knew if Auntie Donna leaving was enough to make her Mama cry it was bad. For the next few days, Stella waited for the funeral. On the day of the funeral, Stella stood in a black dress with flats, her hair pulled back and big dark sunglasses on, Ella in a matching dress but with a tutu. The ceremony was still going on, as Jax pulled up to the funeral. Stella watched as Tara put Jax’s kutte on for him, Chibs noticed Stella’s face held a hurt look in her eyes, following her gaze. He now understood what was wrong. “It’s ok, Lass. He’ll realize soon that you are the one.” He spoke to the woman, leaning down to speak in her ear, as he readjusted Ella on his hip. Stella looked to Chibs with a smile, watching Ella smile at the man holding her. Jax took notice of the two of them, his heart hurting watching his first ole lady and his only daughter smile at one another. Chibs looked to Jaxs with a shake of the head. Happy made his way over, wrapping an arm around her, Stella laying her head on his shoulder. She watched Opie sit with his kids, her heart hurting for them, she had come to love them like her own kids. Once everyone left for the party, she let Chibs take Ella with him, as she made her way to Donna’s grave. “Hey, Donna. I hope you rest in peace, cause I want you to know, I’ll keep an eye on Opie and the kids for you. But just know, I'll find whoever did this. I’ll see you in heaven, Donna.” Stella spoke with tears in her eyes, as she looked at Donna’s grave, taking a deep breath, Stella placed her sunglasses back on. And began making her way back to the road.