chapter 13

The next few days were the same, Stella would get up, make breakfast, take Ella to the park or something, come home, make lunch, clean as Ella would sit and watch some TV, then make dinner. Stella was just going through the motions, not there but just making sure to get Ella some time outside. Jax would see Stella walking with Chibs or Happy at the park, he watched as Ella would smile up the Scotsman or color with the SGT at arms. He didn’t know why but seeing his daughter with them and not him hurt. It had been a few days since the last time he had seen Stella and Ella, he didn’t think he would find them at the hospital in Abel's room, with Stella sitting in the rocking chair with Abel in her arms and Ella sitting on the floor with a book. Stella held the boy with such care, as she smiled at the little blonde-haired boy. Abel just suckled on the bottle tip drinking up the milk. She cooed at the little boy in her arms with a soft voice and gentle words of love. Ella laughed softly at the page of her book, as she looked at the pictures in the book. Jax watched until the voice of Tara made him look to his left the find the brunette standing there staring at him with confusion. At the voice, Stella looked over towards the door at the blonde man. “Alright, Ella. It’s time to go.” Ella looked up at her mother with a smile and nod. Grabbing her bag, Stella put Abel back in the hospital baby bed. Stella took Ella’s hand walking out of the room and leaving the two there, Until she heard Jax's voice yelling after her. Stella grabbed Ella, picking her up to get to the car. “STELLA, PLEASE. LET’S TALK.” He yelled as he ran after her, Stella finally got Ella in the car and buckled when she was met with Jax standing in front of her door. “What do you want?” Stella asked as she looked at the man in front of her. “God, Jax if you want to spend time with Ella call me but not today.” She said in aspirin. “No, I want to talk to you. Stella I know there's more to this than just my cheating back then and the pregnancy. Why did you leave?” Jax looked at her like he didn’t know what to do, he feared Stella would take Ella and Abel away, and he had Tara up his ass again, but he also didn’t know why he still felt drawn to Stella. Tara had sunk her claws in again, Stella could see it, she watched as Jax didn’t see anything unless Tara wanted him to. “You know what If you want me to talk to you. You need to get your head out of the bitches pussy, and oh maybe out of Clay’s ass at the same time. I have sat on the sideline watching everything, Jax. I have seen some shit in the past two years. If you wish to have Ella in your life you need to change a few things, starting with the whore you call a girlfriend.” Stella said as she looked at him in the eyes with watery eyes, some memories coming back that she wished to bury. “Now, you do that and then come talk to me.” She said as she pushed him away from her door. Finally, I pulled away. The next few days, Stella made the exert room in her home, into a nursery filled with a Tim Burton theme, the walls painted with black and white stripes, with one green wall. The crib was hers when she was a baby. The toys are a mix of trucks, motorcycles, and bears. The room was dark but warm and cozy. Chibs had decided to visit when he pulled up to the sound of a radio playing with the back gate open. He saw little Ella run around with the dogs, as he looked for Stella only to hear her cursing about inside the Impala backseat. “Don’t you know it's wrong to curse around a child?” Stella jumped at the voice when she looked over to the tall man with a smile. “Well, she knows that these are grown-up words.” Stella and Chibs laughed until he finally asked what she was doing. “As you can see, I’m putting a baby seat next to Ella’s,” Stella stated as Chibs looked at her. “Why?” “For Abel, he’s being discharged tomorrow. So I have to get him.”