Training: Day One

The alarm clock went ring, ring, ring, as Link was still asleep...

Third Person P.O.V.

(Y/N) walked around the training grounds, shaking her head in disapproval.

"I knew that idiot would be late," she said as she scoffed, "Time to start then."

*****

"Liiiink," Andrew muffled through his pillows, "Could you please turn off that alarm? It's been going to snooze for the past hour already."

Link groaned, "Alright, alright," he replied lazily while grabbing the alarm clock.

Link's P.O.V.

"Wait, the alarm's been going on for the past hour?"

I looked at the time again and jerked up straight out of bed.

"I'm late! Oh (Y/N) is probably going to kill me."

Though I despise that (Y/N) girl, I'm never one to be late, especially when it comes to activities involving fights.

I put on a blue shirt and some brown pants and dashed out the door.

"5:10. Maybe I should've gotten some breakfast...nah. The training isn't that rigorous. And besides, since I'm late, she'll probably be too mad to even work with me. Score one for you, Link."

I mentally cheered on that last part and continued making my way towards Hyrule Kingdom.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I was out practicing my horseback sword skills when I heard an intentional cough. I rolled my (e/c) eyes and turned Onyx around.

"Look who decided to show up. You're thirty minutes late."

He flipped his hair and leaned against the fence of the training arena, "I'd like to consider myself fashionably late."

I laughed a fake laugh, "You call a plain blue shirt and brown pants fashion? You legit only need thirty seconds to put those kind of clothes on."

I saw him curse under his breath. I brought Onyx to the stables and wore (sw/n) in its sheath on my back.

"So," Link started, "When will I get to learn the horseback techniques?"

"Never," I replied bluntly, "Unless you start showing up on time and improve on whatever I plan to teach you."

I threw Link a wooden sword while taking out a wooden sword of my own. Link looked down at it and frowned.

"Aww," he said in one of his childish tones. I swear his actions make me doubt that he's older than me.

"What is it now?" I asked.

"Why can't we use the shiny, metal swords? These are too dull."

"Because it's your first day of training and the metal swords are quite heavy. I doubt you could handle it. Besides, we will be doing a lot of work today and the weight of the metal sword will probably wear you out."

"I'm up for a challenge," he said with arrogance returning to his voice.

I smirked internally.

"He so does not know what he's in for."

"Suit yourself," I said and walked back to get him a metal sword.

Link's P.O.V.