What is This?

(S/N)'s P.O.V.

From a tree, I watched all of the night's occurrences. I saw the attacks. It was simply brilliant. I knew that Sir Ganzon would be pleased with the results of my task. I watched as I saw my sister ran out of the castle with an emotion unknown to me. I started to wonder what had happened after the attack to make her be like this.

(Y/N) continued to run and I kept my gaze on her. She had finally stopped a good distance away from the castle. I decided to go see what was wrong with her. I used my powers to disguise myself as a little girl. Though I couldn't really change the color of my hair or eyes, I knew she wouldn't notice it was me, her sister.

(Y/N) sat down under a tree, still showing an emotion unknown to me. I tried as best as I could to speak without an emotionless tone trying to remove whatever demonic tone I had as well.

"Excuse me, miss?" I asked with a childish voice.

(Y/N) brought her (e/c) eyes to look at me. There was something wet in them.

"What's wrong?" I asked simply.

She took a breath as I saw her force a smile onto her face.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I spoke as politely as I could, "I don't think some as young as yourself would understand."

I patted the little girl's head softly. I felt completely out of state right now. I was too depressed to think. I felt betrayed and worthless.

The girl walked closer to me and sat down, "I'm willing to listen, even if I may not be able to understand."

I shrugged and laughed.

"To think I'd be talking to a little girl about my problems. Alright then," I gave into the girl's gaze and spoke.

"Let's just say something happened tonight that...I didn't expect. Those who I thought were my friends betrayed me just like that. I saw them, but they didn't care. They didn't want to take back any words they had said," I spoke as tears started pouring down some more as I remembered the frustration.

The girl continued to listen carefully and I continued.

"It hurts, you know? To be stabbed in the back when you caught the blade but couldn't stop it. It hurts to feel belittled by everyone you thought was loyal to you."

I cried even more and without knowing it, grabbed the girl into my arms and hugged her tightly.

(S/N)'s P.O.V.

My red eyes widened by the unexpected action that came from (Y/N). At that moment, I felt something in my eyes.

"What is this feeling?"

"I'm sorry," my sister said as she held me tighter, "For an absolute stranger to be hugging you like this."

"No, miss; it's fine," I said unexpectedly.

Her embrace got tighter and I felt myself return the hug as tears started to fill my eyes and fall.

"What is this feeling?" I asked myself again.

"Aw, look," (Y/N) said while wiping her tears and mine as well, "I've made you cry as well."

I remained silent. Why was I crying in the first place? I don't know what I was feeling. There was something in that warm embrace that called to me. I continued to hug her back until I realized what I felt; it was longing. I was longing to be back in my sister's presence. Not my demonic self, but my human self. I wanted to be her older sister again, not the demon who was trying to use her. I wanted the family to be whole again. I needed to use her. When we finally had her on our side, the others would be free, and then we would be whole again. Right?